edward, the mayor of boringsville.

[EDDIE]

october 29, 1991

"god, he is so stupid, why do I even keep listening to him? he's going to be the death of me someday" eddie thought after richie had told him his ideas for halloween costumes.

it was absolutely ridiculous, one of those ideas that made you question if richie was actually human and not some type of crazy alien. he had no social skills whatsoever, he didn't sleep or eat at the usual hours people do and he has the most idiotic ideas one could possibly have. maybe he was an alien.

sonia kaspbrak's voice travelled up to eddie's room, even though she wasn't speaking at her loudest. it distracted eddie from his strange train of thought.

his mother had decided to have a book club which was surprising to eddie, who had always thought his mother couldn't read. she was always glued to the tv set and asked eddie continuously to read papers with small writing on it which led to eddie's conclusion that she was illeterate. he hadn't given much thought to the subject but it caught him off guard anyway.

sonia kaspbrak has finally found another way to make her son's life more miserable, at least that's what eddie saw. his house would be filled up once a week with unpleasant women with annoying high pitched voices and massive bottoms that would knock the small eddie to the floor whenever one of them bumped into him.

eddie was in charge of having everything perfect for the ladies, a job that he hated. he had to leave the living room absolutely spotless, prepare all of the food for them and then clean up afterwards which was a job that one one in their right minds would do, at least for free, but it wasn't like eddie had an actual choice.

when he had finally finished his chores and the women were settled downstairs, eddie lay down on his bed, staring at his ceiling, wondering what to do.

there was nothing to drain the boredom out of him, his room was like the stereotypical room of someone living in boringsville.

the past few days he had entertained himself by phoning richie. the would talk for hours on end every day after the time the two had tried to skateboard at the park. they were growing incredibly close and eddie wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad one. well, he couldn't call him now anyways, he was at work.

eddie sighed, not knowing how to cure his boredom. he tried rereading one of his old books but he got tired of it quickly, he already knew it by heart. he got too distracted by the stupid costume he had at the foot of his bed.

richie had told him that they had to match, but they weren't actually matching, it was a strange comparison that only richie could think of. thinking about the halloween party made him think of the losers.

beverly was probably busy planning stuff for the party in two days and ben was probably helping her. mike & richie were busy working because it was tuesday. bill was the only one who was probably doing nothing at the moment and it would good if eddie checked up on him.

he made up his mind and tiptoed out of the house, grateful that his mother was too preoccupied with her precious book club to notice him sneaking out. he walked to bill's house and knocked on the door, hoping that he was in there.

sure enough, bill opened the door and ushered eddie to his room before closing the door and sitting on his bed.

"so. what brings you here?" bill asked, confused that eddie kaspbrak of them all had suddenly appeared in his doorway without previous notice.

"nothing really, I was just really bored and wondering if we could do something"

"well, I still haven't chosen my halloween costume — long overdue, I know — so I was about to watch a bunch of movies to see what could I dress up as, you can join me if you want"

eddie nodded. it seemed bill was in a much better state than at the beginning of the school year but he wondered if he was actually as fine on the inside as he showed himself to be to the rest of the world.

they had already chosen a movie when they noticed that the kitchen cabinets were absolutely empty and that they had absolutely nothing to eat. thankfully, eddie thought up of the perfect solution to their predicament.

five minutes later, the two boys entered the same grocery store richie was working at. they picked a few snacks and made their way to the counter, where richie tozier was listening to music on his walkman.

eddie snapped his fingers in front of richie's face to call his attention. "are you fucking listening to thunderstruck?"

richie propped his feet up on the counter. "did you seriously miss me that much that now you're visiting me at my job? you it's only been three hours since we last saw each other at school"

eddie's face turned crimson and he decided to avoid the topic. "do you even know how unsanitary you're being right now? you can't just put your feet on a surface people put their food on, richie"

bill was enjoying the scene unfold before him. they were both so in love with the other but too oblivious and stubborn to notice it. they bickered like a married couple and after three minutes of eddie pushing richie's feet off the counter and richie putting them back up again to annoy him, bill thought that it might be the time for it to end.

"r-richie, y-you realize that w-we still h-have to pay, r-right?"

richie grumbled, putting his feet back on the ground, much to eddie's satisfaction. "you are such a buzzkill, bill, I can't have even five minutes of break, no, it's all 'you have to work, richie', 'let me pay for my stuff, richie', 'you have to help that old lady, richie' and I can't have a moment of peace here. what kind of world is this one, where we have to work and can't slack off even a little bit"

richie's dramatic speech earned a chuckle out of bill, something that was quite an accomplishment. eddie's watch beeped at that second and his face fell.

"shit, fuck, shit, I really need to go home! I'm so sorry bill, I can't help you with your costume, it's just that my mother is going to kill me if she notices that I'm not at home"

"it doesn't matter anyways, I already though of something while you two bickered. thanks for stopping by though" he tried to make his way to the door but richie stopped him.

"wait, bill! I have something for you!" he grabbed a candy bar and chucked it with all of his might at bill. it smacked him on the back of his head but bill just smiled, picked it up and left.

"if you were wondering, I also have something for you," richie said to eddie, while he stuffed his walkman into his backpack. "my shift literally ended this minute so if you want I can walk you home"

eddie smiled and nodded. "that'd be cool, thanks"

richie gave him a candy bar and the two of them began walking to eddie's house, talking to each other about anything, lost to everyone but themselves, completely oblivious to everything that was surrounding them.

author's note: not me forgetting that this fic exists and didn't update in three months 👁👁
i have lots of chapters left so i will continue to update this!!