Chapter Three: Start of Search

Shino and his friends went upstairs to Satomi's and asked permission to look for Murasame. Satomi granted them that, but on one condition and that was Shino must not go with them. Shino protested at the condition given. He insisted that he should gone with them because Murasame was his responsibility and because he was the one who lost the crow. But, Satomi's word was certain. He said no and that was final.

"Murasame's missing for more than twelve hours. I'm surprised that you still have the strength to stand here." Satomi said leaning his back on his chair.

"Yes, that's right. So please, Satomi. Let me go with them." Shino pleaded.

Satomi sighed. He knew how stubborn his charge was. "I guess I don't have a choice." he said standing up.

"Really?!"

"Of course, no." Satomi reached out to Shino and waved his hand. The boy felt his remaining strength slipped away. His knees buckled and Satomi caught him before he hit his head at the edge of the desk Satomi used. "Sousuke, bring him to his room. After that you can go and search for Murasame." Satomi ordered and they all nodded.

Everyone filed out of the room and of the manor except Sousuke who carried the unconscious Shino and Genpachi who tagged along. Keno, the last one who walked out of the room, noticed that Genpachi split with them, and so he asked, "Where are you going, Genpachi?"

"I'm going with Shino." Genpachi replied dejectedly and without looking back as he walked farther from the group.

Kabungo, who heard the short exchange together with the rest of them, panicked as the thought of his brother together with his ideal woman though Shino was a guy. "What? Aniki, you can't!"

Genpachi halted his pace and turned around to look at them. Sousuke also stopped and turned, curiosity etched on his face.

"Why not?"

"B- because... Aniki... Sousuke will be there for Shino and... I... We need your help for the search, you know."

"True, but Sousuke is the one who knew where Shino collapsed last night and we need someone to be there for Shino when he wakes up."

What Genpachi said was true and everyone but Kabungo agreed on this.

"No! No! You can't!"

"Why?" they asked Kabungo in unison. At that, the youngest of two demons struggled for valid and acceptable reason.

"B-because... Uhm... Ah, the foxes can take care of Shino then we can go."

"But, I saw them out not long ago." Shinobu said.

"Really? Th-then Kaname will do it."

"I saw him out also saying he will meet with Dousetsu's sister and help her shopping." Daikaku said dejectedly.

"What about Satomi?"

"He will leave after ten minutes. He has a meeting to attend." Sousuke said.

"..." Kabungo had run out of options.

"Well, we don't have a choice then. I'll be the one to take care of Shino." Genpachi said. He was about to turn his back when his younger brother pulled him back and desperately insisted that he will do it. Genpachi protested. He said there was nothing wrong if he will take care of the boy. Keno thought that Kabungo was jealous of Shino, so he teased the youngest of the siblings who in return yelled at him. Dousetsu jumped in that moment scolding them for being so loud. Shinobu also joined the group trying his best to calm the paranoid Kabungo while Sousuke just watched at the sideline and sighed at his friends' antics.