Taehyung took a step in front of Jennie to separate the two. "She just gave you the yes to work with us under the condition that you keep your distance."

"Ah really? Thanks Nini!" Jimin smiled as if he didn't hear the last part.

Taehyung threw his arm around his neck and dragged him away, "Come on, respect her wishes dude."

Jennie was grateful that Taehyung could be a kind guy when he wasn't in his competitive arrogant persona.

The lawyer looked back at her office door where Jisoo was behind.

It was not made out of glass so she couldn't see her but she contemplated going back to tell her about this development. In the end she decided to do it when she was done here in order not to be late.

*****

The lawyers in Jennie's firm informed her about their cases and the development one after the other.

Once Jennie helped them with advice and nods if approval they moved on the main topic. The overseas deal.

Jennie's assistant and secretary Maeng handed out prints of information about their potential business partner and gave everyone an additional blank piece of paper to write down notes for the questions they were allowed to ask at the end.

Jennie could see the multiple times Jimin glanced at her from the other side of the room. It made her uncomfortable, so she nudged Taehyung's shoulder to proceed the discussion.

"Does anyone have something to add?" Taehyung cleared his throat after he finished updating them on their current conditions.

Jimin raised his hand.

"Yes Jiminie?" Taehyung called.

"I suggest we formally meet the potential partners in their home country for a dinner and discussion. And with we I not only mean Tae and me, but also CEO Kim." He looked at Jennie who frowned at the proposal. "Don't you think it's better if they met the CEO of this firm? They might think you don't take the merge that serious if you only send your representatives for them."

Traveling with Jimin to Denmark? No thank you.

"I think that's a good idea."

"Yeah."

"We should make a strong first impact so it lasts."

Her coworkers unfortunately agreed with him.

Jennie raised her hands to silence them.

"I will certainly meet them but on a different date than our current business expert Jimin and our Chief Operating Officer Taehyung." She responded sternly.

"I believe we make the biggest impression when we show them our abilities and your authority at once." Jimin argued.

The others agreed with him quite loudly and Jennie couldn't think of a non-personal reason to disagree with him.

She looked at Taehyung for support.

The handsome man slammed his palm on the table to stop the commotion.

"That's enough for today." He spoke with his deep voice. "Right CEO?"

"Yes." Jennie agreed quickly. "We will inform you about our decision next week."

The workers stood slowly up and the room became empty.

"Should I leave too?" Jimin asked the two. "Will you inform me about your decision Nini?"

"Taehyung will do that." Jennie shook her head.

She might be a good lawyer but she doesn't have much experience as CEO yet. Taehyung was right when he told her it's only going to be harder as they change their ways. Good thing he was with her.

Jimin pursed his lips and waved them goodbye. "See you later then."

Jennie sank into her seat as he left. "Is it unprofessional that I don't want to travel with him?"

"I'd say it's understandable." Taehyung answered. "It's okay to say no. You just need to do it firmly and with authority. Even if it was to be the worse decision, as long as your workers think you know what you are doing, they won't dare to disagree with you."

"Maybe we should swap positions." Jennie frowned. "I should have lost the bet."

"Hey, you won, so act like it." Taehyung raised his voice and that seemed to wake Jennie up from whatever lack of confidence she just fell back to.

Maybe because Jimin's presence alone drains her energy, maybe because of the amount of people that are working for her now.

"You are right. I'm sorry." Jennie jumped up and slapped her cheeks. "I will do better."

"Yes you will. Otherwise I will be ashamed to have lost." Taheyung teased.

"And we don't want that." Jennie chuckled. "Anyway I'm going to my girlfriend now. Call me so we can talk about the business trip."

"Good luck with that."

When Taehyung grinned cheekily at her with his box smile she didn't understand what he meant.

It was only when she walked through the hall and opened her office door that she got it.

Good luck telling Jisoo about it? Jennie doesn't think Jisoo would mind, or would she? She might. Oh she might really be against it.

If she asks her to stop working with Jimin she will. It's not that she likes having him on the team in the first place, she is merely trying to act more like a professional CEO about her work. Her position changed drastically and she still need to wrap her head around it.

"Ah you are back CEO Kim." Jisoo smiled and stood up from the chair. "How was your first meeting as boss?"

Jennie muted in that moment when Jisoo looked at her so cutely. She was very very pretty even when she wears plain clothes and barely any makeup.

"You okay Jendeuk?" Jisoo tapped her cheek with her fingers rhythmically.

"Jimin is working for the company shortly." Jennie spit the small word vomit out because it stung on her tongue.

"He is working with you?" Jisoo's face straightened, her hand dropped.

"For me," Jennie corrected. "Like hundred of other people."

Jisoo didn't look happy with that and Jennie didn't expect her to smile from ear to ear about it either.

"If you don't like it I will have him out." Jennie added.

Jisoo cracked a small smile that didn't really seem sincere. "I wouldn't ask you to change your business plans for me, but are you okay with that?"

The brunette didn't have to think much about it. Of course she wasn't actually fine with it.

She just decided to put personal matters aside because having a grudge is very tiresome and for some reason, the more time she spent happily with Jisoo, the less time she spent hating on Jimin. It's like she genuinely is starting to become indifferent about him.

"I think so. We are not doing anything together, only working in the same matter." Jennie responded truthfully.

Jisoo nodded and averted her gaze from the younger. "Let's forget about that and go to the market?"

"Sure." Jennie clasped her hand around Jisoo's wrist and led her out. "But don't think I forgot you dislike speaking your concerns most of the time. If you have anything more to say, I'd attentively listen." The lawyer tilted her face and pecked Jisoo's cold cheek.

"I'll try." A tiny smile crossed her face. She could never be mad at Jennie for wanting to act civil but she would be lying if she claimed that Jimin entering Jennie's workplace doesn't make her feel sick.