Part 9 - Everything and nothing

Começar do início

Funny, she scoffed. In an odd pull to respond, she drew the keyboard closer.

Ms.Edelweiss: Funny? I say life is anything but that. Strange at times. Mostly unpredictable. Anyway, good luck with your search.

Mr.Incognito: Because something is strange and unpredictable, doesn't mean it can't be funny. I suppose that depends on one's vantage, don't you think?  Like this moment... To me, it feels surreal to have found you here, while it could be annoying to you for I'm likely keeping you from doing something else.

Thank you! I'm sure I'll find them. After all, I plan to keep going back until I find them.

PS Sensing you had a dour day. Hope you feel better!

Tilting her head, she tried to see reason in his words. Beyond meaning, it was comforting.

Ms.Edelweiss: The flowers - are they for your girlfriend? I hear that men used to undertake daring adventures to harvest the flowers in order to prove their love for the woman they love - is that right?

She shook her head reckoning it was a personal question and quickly followed up with another note to rectify the ill attempt.

Ms.Edelweiss: Actually, ignore. I didn't mean to pry.

Mr. Incognito: I doubt I can call her my girlfriend.

The conversation was unexpected, but it was a welcome distraction and she gave in.

Ms.Edelweiss: I suppose it's for your wife then. Either way, she is one lucky woman.

Mr.Incognito: I don't know if its a good or a bad thing, but it appears we don't fit into those neat labels of boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife. I would like to think we are beyond the conventions of a relationship.

I'm not sure she believes she's lucky. As we speak, she is fuming with anger and the flowers are for the day she just might be ready to forgive me.

Leaning back, she pondered his words that strangely fit her situation. Their relationship too was undefined at best. Ri Jyeong Hyuk was not the boyfriend who took her out to Michelin Star restaurants or fly her to exotic destinations for a holiday. His grand flourishes came from simple gestures, that accorded the small pleasures of life. In indulging her every ask and whim, he had been more than a friend. By crossing enemy lines to protect her, he'd been more than a lover. In the time he'd stayed in her house and turned it into a home, he'd been more than a husband.

He would always be everything and nothing to her. 

As her gray mood lightened with that realization, her lips twisted upward into a smile.

Ms.Edelweiss: Sounds like you are neck-deep in trouble. I won't ask about your tensions, but here's me wishing it'll be a fair fight.

Mr.Incognito: Well, she'll make sure it's one.

Ms.Edelweiss: You sound like you are looking forward to it. Certainly an outlier in the species of men?

Mr.Incognito: Haha. We haven't been under the same roof in a while, so I'll take anything - be that a shouting match to prove we are both right and wrong, or a quiet dinner and a movie.

She was fully smiling now. Mr.Incognito was one prepared man, she thought to herself. 

Ms.Edelweiss: I'm impressed.

Ms.Incognito: Now that made my day.

Ms.Edelweiss: Are you sure that Edelweiss will be enough to soothe things over?