Chapter Five

Jack fixated himself with ropes as she carved a piece of wood with one of her daggers. Will sharpened his sword, and he soon became the first to speak,

      "When I was a lad living in England, my mother raised me by herself. After she died I came out here, looking for my father." She only gave him a quick glance before she returned to the wood.

      "Is that so?" Jack asked in a bored tone. He marched up the stairs, and Will followed, his sword raised. She moved behind him, curiosity peaking her interests.

      "My father, William Turner. At the jail it was only after you learned my name you agreed to help but I did not press the matter. I'm not a simpleton, Jack. You knew my father." Jacqueline hovered by the wheel as Jack faced Will.

      "I knew 'im. Probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else called him Bootstrap or Bootstrap Bill." Jack approached the wheel, throwing Jacqueline a side look of somberness. She offered a soft smile before Will pressed further,

      "Bootstrap?" She nodded.

      "Good man. Good pirate. You look just like him too" He turned to her, bewilderment in his eyes.

      "That's not true. My father was a merchant sailor, a good respectable man who obeyed the law." Jacqueline rolled her eyes, and Jack must have picked up on her frustration as he now butted in,

      "He was a bloody pirate, a scallywag." Will pointed his sword at Jack, and she was about to unsheathe her own weapon when Jack subtly shook his head at her. She kept her hand on the hilt of her sword, but did not move.

      "My father was not a pirate."

      "Put it away son. It's not worth you getting beat again." She raised a brow. Not only had they met, but they fought.

      "You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement of a fair fight."

      "Pirate." She grumbled, and Jack pointed at her. "What she said." After speaking, Jack spun the wheel, and a large beam swung around and knocked into Will. He grasped onto it, dropping his sword in the process. As he hovered over the water, Jack picked up the sword and pointed it at Will. She remained in her spot, watching as the scene unfolded before her.

      "Now as you're hanging there, pay attention. The only rule on the sea is what a man can do, and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't. But pirate is in your blood boy and you'll have to square with that one day. Now me for example, I can let you drown, but I can't sail this ship to Tortuga, even with the help of Jacqueline. Savvy? So," he once again rotated the wheel, and Will tumbled to the ship's deck, "can you sail under the command of a pirate," Jack flipped Will's sword so that the hilt faced Will, "or can you not?" Will accepted the sword and glanced at Jacqueline before focusing back on Jack.

      "Tortuga?" She stepped up, a smile lighting her face.

      "Aye, Tortuga."