He felt like everyone had to have one of those, and Will loved Lana Del Rey. 

He got up from the desk, stretching.

Su-su-su-summer time, summer time sadness, he muttered along. Then he flopped on his bed, sighing contently, and started reading his book.

11:05 pm

Three knocks on his door.

He looked up, almost surprised at the noise. He was so focused on his book, it took him a moment to realize the knocking was in the real world and he needed to respond.

"Yeah?" He called, setting Lord of the flies on his bed.

"Will, Sweetie," It was his mom, her voice muffled by the closed door, "There's someone here for you!"

Will was confused. It was like eleven at night, who would come visit now? Jane or Max would just burst in...

"It's this boy, Mike Wheeler?"

SHIT.

What was Mike doing here? Will's heart did somersaults in his chest. He didn't know weather to be confused or flattered or-

But he did know that he was shirtless and his room was a great mess.

"Will?" His mom asked again. Will jumped to his feet, stuffing clothes and books into drawers as fast as he could.

"Um- yeah, just a sec!" He slammed the last drawer, and hurried to put on the first tee he could find. He was about to open the door, but then remembered about the glasses. Here! on his window- how did they get there? rattled, he opened the door.

"Hi!" Mike called enthusiastically from the other side. Will couldn't help but smile. He never could, when Mike was smiling at him.
Will must have been staring at Mike for a bit too long, because Mike's smile started to die down.

"Oh, sorry! Come in," Will tried laughing, and moved out of the way quickly.

"Nice room," Mike observed, stepping in and sitting on the bed.
"Thanks." Will came to sit by him.

"So- well, What's up? Can I get you a drink or-" Will wasn't used to hosting: The only friends to come by were Jane and Max, and they would just do whatever the fuck they wanted.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks," Mike looked perfectly comfortable, so Will started relaxing too.
"Sorry to barge in on you man- I was just around, and thought I'd say hi," Mike said.

Will felt himself blushing. He wanted to say hi, he just came to talk to him! His heart made a small happy dance in his chest.

"Oh, yeah, and I wanted to ask you-" (He's not gonna ask you out Will, calm down!) "It's in a while but I'll probably forget otherwise, I'm having a small get together thing next Friday, just the usual group, you wanna come?"

Almost as good. Will tried not to show the rush that hit him in the chest. Mike wanted to hang out with him outside of school, Mike wanted to hang out with him outside of school, Mike wanted to...

"Um- yeah, sounds good." He hoped his voice sounded nonchalant.
Mike broke out that huge grin again. "I'm texting you my address. Be there around 6 pm, pizza included!" He punched something into his phone, and Will felt his own phone buzz in his pocket a second later.

"Thanks," Will said, not really knowing if thanks was the appropriate response to that. Mike shrugged.

 Mike rose up. He couldn't be leaving so soon!

"Well, anyway I guess I'll be on my way now. Don't want to ride my bike when it's too dark out," Mike said, and Will tried not to look as disappointed as he was.

"Oh- okay!" He jumped up too, following Mike to the door. 

"So- thanks for having me even if it was for like, 3 minutes," Mike said. Will laughed.
"Anytime."

"I might have to take you up on that!" Please do, Will thought.

He loved the way Mike was looking at him and smiling, even if it was just as friends, he loved that Mike was here. And he was looking intently at Will, like actually looking at his face- 

"Bye," Mike muttered again and then he was gone, leaving Will with a fluttering heart and red cheeks.

He barely had time to think about it though, since a second later his mom's voice boomed "Will, I need that mirror!"

"Sorry!" He called, hurrying to grab it-
-and he almost shattered it when he saw his reflection.

HE HAD FORGOTTEN TO REMOVE HIS MAKEUP!!

Mike had seen him with eye shadow, pink eye shadow at that!
But, he hadn't acted different. Had he not noticed or did he just- not care? Was Will making too much of a big deal out of the whole makeup thing?

If Mike was okay with the way he looked, didn't care, maybe no one will?

He brought his mom the mirror, wiped off the makeup and stepped into bed. He was completely, amazingly, happy.

And if that wasn't enough, his phone beeped with a message. 

@ Mikey_Mike: U up?

@ 1_Hazel_1: yup

he settled more comfortably into bed, getting ready for another amazing conversation.

[AUTHOR SAYS]

Here comes this part when even though I'm really loving this I'm terrified ya'll aren't and it's gonna flop ahahah please tell me if you like this!!!