"You know... you don't get bored during the holidays and google weird shit?"

"I-I don't know, I guess?" He shrugs, then goes back to whining.

"Hey, crying won't make it stop, tiger," I tell him, "and it makes me nervous"

"I just fucking cut my finger, Y/N! I know crying doesn't help but sure as fuck relieves the tension!" He snaps.

"Swearing is better, I can swear with you," I offer, then look back at the blood dripping from the fabric, "Shit, I really fucking hate that you did this, are you out of your mind?"

"I just said I'm fucking stupid!"

"Are you swearing cause I told you to, or cause it's actually helping?" I giggle, I do that a lot when I'm nervous.

"I think a bit of both?" He takes a deep breath, then screams at the top of his lungs, "FUCK!"

I laugh harder this time. This is surreal as fuck, here I am, holding Josh Wheeler's severed hand, listening to his swearing concert while Angelica runs back to the bathroom with her blowtorch and points it to the sword, setting it off immediately. After the longest ten minutes of my life, Angelica let us know the sword is ready, or at least, she thinks it is. And she's supposed to be the smart one so I trust her.

"Bite this, lover boy," I pull the belt from the cutting board and give it to him, "cause this is gonna hurt worse than anything you've ever experienced in your life."

Josh looks at me in panic and puts his belt between his teeth, firmly closing his mouth (and eyes) so it's my turn now.

"Don't fuck up what's left of his finger," Angelica warns me.

"Noted," I say, taking the sword with shaky hands, "okay Josh, one..."

And I put the seething metal against his injury. I always heard is better if you do it without notice. There's no way someone can prepare for the pain, to make a countdown for it is torture.

Josh screams but his voice is muffled by the belt on his mouth. I wait six, seven, eight seconds to retreat it and I see that his flesh is burnt and ruined, but is not bleeding anymore. He faints right after that.

"At least he waited till the end," I sigh, when I look back I realize Wesley is also there and is looking at me with terror in his eyes, "oh, hi. Can you give us a hand?"

"What the..?"

"Stupid Josh cut his finger cause a Ghoulie bit him and thought he'd get infected."

"Is he, like, still alive?"

"Yup, he just needs to sleep for a while, I'm sure he'll be fine."

"We should put the bandage now while he's asleep and can't complain as much," Angelica mentions, giving me the stuff.

"Right," I nod, "uh, Wes, you think you can bring me a bowl and put water in it so I can wash his hand?"

"What?" He looks at me like he just woke up and then blinks rapidly, "oh, yeah. Sure, be back."

"Good job," Angelica examines Josh's hand with interest, "is this the first time you do it?"

"Thankfully, yes. I'm not sure he'll be fine or if I actually helped, maybe I just fucked it up even more..."

"Nah, he's a lucky guy, I'm sure he'll make it out."

"Hope so."

"I heard him say you were leaving," Her voice is softer now, and I know she's doing it on purpose, "are you leaving us even if Josh's hand isn't fully recovered?"