Escape (EDITED)

When I wake, the first thing I see is Cato in the bed next to me, glaring maliciously.

'I can still kill you when we get home you know.' I laugh nervously, but he just ignores me, turning his head to the blank wall.

'I always knew you could do it. My two victors. I'm so proud. So proud.' Amelia, our escort from before the games, enters through a sliding door, running straight to me, and kissing my cheeks.

'The two love birds. Oh what a story you will make!'

Me and Cato share a bemused glance, and he says grouchily 'Lovebirds?'.

Amelia nods warily. 'Enobaria told me how close you had got before the games, and how you couldn't bear to live without each other. That you two not killing each other was an act of LOVE.' She stares me in the eye, and I understand. The capital is angry we survived.

All I remember before I faint, is Cato roughly shoving me away.

Cato's POV

I shove Clove off, and she falls and hits her head on the bed. Amelia screams, and a man with short brown hair, black simple clothes, and gold eyeliner runs to help her. He looks up at me, and I am shocked when I see District 12's stylist Cinna.

' Even when you are out of the arena, you can't help but hurt each other.' he says, in his quiet non-capitol voice.

I glare at him, before remembering he should hate me. I killed Katniss and Peeta, when they were supposed to win.

'Its hard to escape it.' I excuse myself, running my rough hands through the mess on top of my head.

'I'm Cinna' he says to me, and I clear my throat and reply 'I know. Where's my stylist?'.

He glances at Enobaria who has just come through the door. 'Dead' she grins. I launch myself into her arms.

'Nice job Cato.' she purrs. We stay like this for a moment, as she whispers rapidly in my ear.

'Snow isn't happy. He's convinced you and Clove didn't kill each other deliberately. Cato, you need to put on a damn good show if you want to see your family again.'

'And what if I don't?' I whisper back. She squeezes me.

' Not now Cato. This is much too serious for games. You WILL live with Clove, and you WILL put on the show Snow wants to see. '

I nod. My life literally depends on it.