Vicious Women

"I told you there was no way they'd survive," the voice of Syreena could be heard outside the door to the office. "Once Dareg had them pinned down, they were dead."

Odette and Corso walked through the door. The first thing they noticed was the corpse of Viidu lying in a heap on the floor. Odette heard Corso make a choking noise. The next thing they noticed was Syreena standing talking to a holo of Skavak.

"Tell me where I can meet you and then I can show you in person how much I appreciate you taking me off this rock," she said with a sultry edge.

"You know, well, here's the thing, sweetheart," he said. "My cargo hold is so full and then I could see the troopers were searching all the ships. I had to jet a little early. But I do appreciate all you've done. It was fun while it lasted."

"You lying scum!" Syreena screamed. "You told me if I did all this, you'd take me with you!"

"Awww, did your ride leave without you?" Odette said.

Syreena whipped around and saw the two standing in the doorway. The look of surprise and fear was quickly replaced with a simpering, flirty grin. "Oh, you heard all that?" she asked.

"Gotta go, sweetheart, Rogun doesn't like being kept waiting," Skavak said. "So long, suckers."

His image blinked out.

Odette pulled her blaster pistol out and pointed it at Syreena. She quickly raised her hands in front of her.

"Look, Captain," she said. "We're in the same boat. Skavak left us here. But I have one thing Skavak doesn't know about. The Republic has deemed it safe enough for travel, thanks to you. So they're issuing shuttle passes again. I just so happen to have some."

"Where's Skavak going?" Odette demanded.

"He has a meeting with a gang on Coruscant," Syreena said. "What do you say? My life for a couple of shuttle passes and revenge on Skavak?"

Odette blasted Syreena. "I'll take those shuttle passes now," Odette said.

"Wow, you women are vicious," Corso said, as Odette pulled the passes off of Syreena's corpse. "I didn't think you'd actually do it."

"She had it coming for killing Viidu and for trying to get us killed," Odette said. "You wouldn't have done the same?"

"I don't know," he said. "I have a hard time imagining myself shooting a defenseless woman."

"She was hardly defenseless, Corso," Odette said tucking the passes into her belt. "She would have shot us in the back the first chance she got."

"You backed her into a corner," Corso said.

Odette poked a finger into Corso's chest. "You have a lot to learn about women, Corso."

"I won't argue with you about that," he said.

Odette steamed as she marched down the street towards the cantina. Defenseless, Odette thought. She was about as defenseless as a baby gundark in a den of mother gundarks. How is it I'm the bad guy because I rid the world of scum like her? Probably Corso had a crush on her, or some other stupid male feeling that had nothing to do with his big head.

"Hey, what's the rush? Slow down a bit," Corso said, jogging to keep up with her long strides.

"I need a drink," she growled at him.

"Ok, ok," Corso said. "I'm coming with you."

She rounded on him in the middle of the street. "Why?"