Trouble(1): Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

"Wen Zhuliu!?" Zhan stood up, followed by all his friends.

"So..." Wen Zhuliu smirked. "What's up? Are you ready for the inter-university games?"

"So it's you who did it?" Jiyang said clenching his fist.

"Who else are you thinking?" Wen Zhuliu chuckled. "My brother is out of jail now. Just wait and watch how I will make you bastards kneel before us."

"Mind your language, Mr. Wen," Yibo said as he stepped forward. "Don't forget that I can make your beloved brother go to jail again."

"You cannot," Zhuliu said leaning towards Yibo.

"Why not?" Yibo smirked and took out his phone. "How about I will take with the officer about this?"

"You won't do anything like this," Zhan said without looking at Yibo.

"Why?" Yibo looked at the other. "Why not Zhan?"

"Because you won't understand kiddo," Zhuliu smirked. "It's about something which both you and Xiao Zhan don't know." He looked at Yibo and then at Zhan.

"Don't test my patience, Mr. Wen," Yibo growled. "You already entered without permission and now you are creating a ruckus."

"Ruckus? Me?" Zhuliu chuckled without humor. "Its that bastard Xiao Zhan who started all these."

Yibo was so enraged with Zhuliu's behavior that he clenched his hand forming a fist. He was about to throw a punch at Wen Zhuliu then Zhan's hand stopped him.

"Why?" Yibo looked desperately at Zhan.

"Don't touch him," Zhan said pushing Yibo.

"Why are you protecting him, Zhan?" Yibo complained. "His brother almost killed you that day and now you are protecting him!"

"Don't meddle with others business, Wang Yibo," Zhan said coldly glaring at Yibo.

"Zhan!" Yibo's voice cracked. His confidence got crushed in a fraction of second. The person whom he trusted was supporting someone else.

"See?" Zhuliu laughed. "You are the greatest fool to believe in Xiao Zhan. He is a player and one of the most shrewd players I have ever seen." Zhuliu shook his head while an evil smile plastered on his face. "You just beloved him and see, he just broke your trust in return."

"Enough is enough Wen Zhuliu!" Ziyi shouted.

"Why?" Zhuliu asked teasingly. "Is it causing too much pain to listen to the truth. Xiao Zhan, you are supporting me today, what are your hidden moves?" Zhuliu titled his head.

"Because..." Zhan closed his eyes preparing to say something harsh. "I never trusted them. I just used them for my benefit."

"Xiao Zhan!" Jiyang's voice became low as he couldn't believe his ears.

"Yes." Zhan smiled evilly. "What do you think, I fell for that naive boy Wang Yibo? Huh? No. I would prefer a sexy girl rather than your naive friend. He is just too idiot to believe in me."

"Finally our shrewd Xiao Zhan is confessing the truth." Zhuliu chuckled. "See, Wang Yibo. You were protecting him that day and now, the tables got turned right?"

"I am thinking of making peace with Wens," Zhan said.

"Wow! What's the cause of this sudden decision?" Zhuliu titled his head as he couldn't believe his ears that a simple inter-university games would bring such a change in Zhan.

"I work with those who have brains," Zhan said harshly. "And talking about Wang Yibo, he is nothing but an idiot."

"Enough!" Yibo shouted gathering everyone's attention. "Don't dare to call me by name." Yibo glared at Zhan while a tear escaped his eye.

"Really?" Zhan chuckled without humor. "But it's true."

"You were right. I am too naive to believe in you." Yibo wiped his tears. "Don't ever show me your face." Yibo ran from there making his way out of the university gates.

"Xiao Zhan, I still don't trust you," Zhuliu said with an evil smirk. "I won't let you make peace with us easy. First, you have knelt down and say sorry and after that, I will think about it. But first, I will defeat you badly in the games." With a smirk, Wen Zhuliu left the university.

As Zhuliu left the university, Zhan fell on his knees. "I have made him cry. I hurt him." Zhan's voice cracked while tears flowed freely from his eyes.

"Zhan." Hao Xuan said as he and Ziyi immediately sat beside Zhan while Hao Xuan hugged him. "Don't cry. We know you did it on purpose."

"D-did it on purpose?" Jiyang shuttered as he knelt down beside Hao Xuan.

"What else do you think?" Ziyi snapped at Jiyang. "Do you really think that Zhan fooled Yibo? Do you really think that he deceived us?"

"I-I..." Jiyang shuttered as he understood that he misunderstood Zhan like Yibo.

"Jiyang, you can misunderstand anyone but not Zhan." Hao Xuan said looking at Jiyang while Zhan kept crying. "He is like a wall, protecting us from all types of troubles. If he really used you, then why did he risked his life to save you when those Wen Chao kidnapped you?"

Jiyang kept silent as he understood his mistake. He looked at Zhan whose eyes became red with cheeks stained with tears. "I am sorry Zhan," Jiyang said in a low voice, hanging his head low. "I shouldn't have misunderstand you."

"It's okay." Zhan sobbed. "Hao Xuan, what should I do now?" Zhan held Hao Xuan's jacket. "Yibo...he is crying. Did you see? Did you see the pain in his eyes? The way he looked at me?" Zhan said holding Hao Xuan by his shoulder while tears didn't stop flowing from his eyes. "I hurt him. He never expected that I would say those words." Zhan sobbed. "I am really a bad guy. I cannot protect what is mine." Zhan cried burying his face in his palms.

" Zhan cried burying his face in his palms

"Zhan, don't cry." Hao Xuan said as he hugged him while Ziyi caressed Zhan's back. "Just talk to him in the evening and tell him the truth."

"Zhan, go home now," Ziyi said making Zhan look at her. "Explain to him. Yibo is already an intelligent guy and he would understand the problem. You just need to show him that you still want him. You need to explain why you said those words."

"Are you sure he will forgive me?" Zhan looked at Ziyi as if she was his hope. "Are you sure he won't hate me? I can bear anything but not his hate." Zhan closed his eyes letting his tears fall. "I love him. I love him more than anything. I cannot live without him." Zhan cried burying his face in Hao Xuan's shoulder.

___________________________________

1. Was it too painful? *makes a weird face*. I mean...while writing I didn't feel things. Am...did you feel it?

2. Sorry for typing mistakes.

3. English is not my first language, so, please compromise.