"Well, sweetheart, you need to start thinking more long term instead of what's happening now. I mean, it's been a few weeks since what happened to your father. I know you don't want to hear it, but your father could quite possibly be dead. This means that you need to be prepared to take over the company permanently," Obie told me hesitantly.

"He's not dead," I shook my head at him.

"What makes you so sure about that," He questioned me.

"Because we were attacked for a reason, Obie. Whoever attacked us, either wanted my father dead or alive. I'm going to go out on a limb and say alive since we were sort of in enemy territory in Afghanistan. That means that they probably took him so that he would make weapons for them. Now, knowing my father, he is pretending to do what they say until he can find a way to escape," I explained to him.

"Why do you say that," He questioned curiously.

"Because, Obie, you know the saying. We're Stark's, and we persevere," I told him before getting up out of my seat and walking out of the kitchen.

******************************************************************************

I sat in the chair in the board meeting waiting for the rest of the trustees to show up. I sighed and looked down at my lap as Obie leaned closer to me from his seat next to me.

"Remember what I told you on the way here. Do whatever tho board tells you to. This will be quick and painless if you agree with everything they say," He whispered to me.

"Yes, sir," I sighed out in annoyance. "Pepper, can you get me some water please?"

"Yes, behave," She whispered to me before walking out of the conference room.

I stayed silent and continued staring at the table in front of me as the rest of the men showed up and Pepper placed my water bottle down in front of me.

"Alright, now that everybody is present, we can get started. Miss Stark, if I may say, on behalf of everybody here, it is wonderful to see you alive and healthy," One of the men said as he stood from his seat.

"Thank you," I nodded at him with a smile.

"Okay, now onto business. The company has been in absolute disarray since the tragedy in Afghanistan, and that is because we no longer have a CEO to run the company. We need someone to replace your father who is now presumed dead, God rest his soul-"

"He's not dead," I interrupted him.

"I'm sorry," He questioned me in confusion.

"My father, he's not dead," I shook my head at him.

"Miss Stark, with all due respect-"

"No, I'm talking. I'm going to run this meeting," I said to him.

"Allison," Obie started.

"You, shut up, too," I snapped at him.

"Ally," Pepper gasped at me, but I ignored her.

"Let's get one thing straight here, boys. My father is not dead, he's missing. There's a big difference between the two. And as long as he's missing, I will be temporarily running Stark Industries. This in no way, shape, or form is going to be a permanent decision. Got it," I questioned everybody, and they all stayed silent. "Now, if any of you have a problem with this, there's the door," I informed them while pointing at the door.

None of the men moved a muscle as they all stared at me wide-eyed. The conference room was completely silent for a moment before the same man from before stood up from his seat.