Chapter 15

"Allison Maria Stark, how could you possibly think that it is okay for you to have a gun? I mean this is so irresponsible

"Allison Maria Stark, how could you possibly think that it is okay for you to have a gun? I mean this is so irresponsible. How did you even get it in the first place," Pepper yelled at me as she gestured to the gun that was sitting on the coffee table in the living room.

"Well, in order to tell you that I would have to tell you what Alex and I have been up to the past few months," I told her hesitantly.

"Oh, my God! Did he get you into trouble?! Is he secretly a drug dealer or something?! Oh, my God, Ally, why didn't you tell me," She questioned quickly, not giving me a chance to answer him.

"No, Pepper, he hasn't gotten me into trouble or anything like that," I reassured her.

Pepper stopped yelling at me, but she continued to breathe heavily as she rubbed her hands over her face. "Ally, what the hell is going on? Please tell me. Because I honestly feel like I might go crazy after what I just saw downstairs with your father and now this."

I sighed before looking up at her. "You remember how after dad went missing I was basically out of control. I was having anger issues and was overly emotional."

"Yes, I remember distinctly, Ally. Because you yelled at the board and put a knife through a restaurant table," She nodded at me as she spoke loudly.

"Well, after that happened, Alex explained to me that I needed a new way to channel my anger. So, he started taking me to a gym, and I've been taking self-defense classes," I explained to her.

"What? Ally, why would you do that?"

"Because he was right. Ever since I came back from the trip, I haven't been myself. I don't know why, but going and learning how to fight, it calmed me down, made me feel like myself again," I explained to her.

She stayed silent and stared at me for a few seconds in thought before speaking again. "That still doesn't explain why you have a gun."

"The person who has been training me is a friend of Alex. She got it for me for my birthday."

"What kind of a person gets someone a gun for their birthday," She screamed out.

"I don't know, Pepper. All I know is that she bought it for me and I'm keeping it," I shrugged at her.

"Oh, you are not keeping that thing," She shouted back to me.

"Yes, I am," I shouted.

"Allison-," Pepper started, but she was cut off by dad.

"Ally, come down here, I need you, now," He said over the intercom.

"I'll be right there," I told him before standing from the couch and grabbing my gun.

"We are not done talking about this," She told me.

"Yes, we are," I told her, walking towards the stairs and shoving my gun into the waistband of my pants.