Northern Prisoners

"You must be pleased to have Jon back." Sansa sighed as the two of you walked the length of the courtyard, watching the snow fall around you as people hurried around, pausing only to accept the grateful greetings that were muttered to Sansa.

"Perhaps, it does not feel as if I have him back, he is worrying." You admitted and she stopped turning to you with a set frown on her face.

"We must be careful from now on, we cannot trust anyone anymore, he is feeling the strain of this but I know that having you buy his side eases his struggle." She smiled and let her other handmaidens lead her to her room as you stopped outside of Jon's.

He was lay staring out of the window, blankets pulled to his waist, as if it was a pleasure to see the freezing weather pour from above.

"You look worried." Jon muttered as you sat by his side.

"As do you, why should we not be worried Jon... most of us are home but we will not be safe again and what if the war begins again, we only just rid ourselves of Ramsay." You said softly and he reached up, softly stroking your cheek.

"These are not things that should worry you." John said after a moment's thought and you frowned.

"How can they not worry me... they worry you and Sansa so and even little Rickon is fearful." Tears welled in your eyes and he brushed them away with your thumb.

"Let me worry about these things for you." He sighed and pulled you down to hug him.

****************************************

Although you didn't know for certain you were sure that Jon and Sansa had put you in charge of a feast purely to keep your mind from wondering. Every ally of the Stark family was to gather later that week and you'd been set with the task of find food for them.

Tables were fragged around, gifts of food and wine were sent from other houses, as a grateful sign that they would soon be attending the gathering. Even though you had no title or family name of importance every decision came from you.

"Rickon will you please go and sit." You chuckled and shooed the boy to a table close to the one at the head of the room.

"You have done well arranging everything in this harsh time." Sansa smiled and you nodded.

"Theon Greyjoy has asked for me to send his apologies, he is unable to be here, Reek apologises to." You smiled as she nodded, sharing the secret you'd kept between the three of you.

"You have become a symbol of strength among the common folk, were my parents alive your assistance would have been rewarded." Sansa muttered and you smiled again.

"Any other lady of her house would not allow my partnership with Jon, Snow or not, it is reward enough." You insisted and followed behind her as she entered the hall and took a seat beside Jon.