Chapter 13

~Nene's POV~

"Hanako-kun?" Nene called as she entered the girls' bathroom. When she didn't get an answer, she huffed with frustration.

"Geez, of course he's not here today." She grumbled. "Just when I needed him, too."

"Aw, you came to see me today?" A voice said from behind her. "How sweet!"

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!" Nene screamed, and swung at the boy behind her. She struck him across the face.

"Owww..." Hanako groaned, holding his face. Nene gasped.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, rushing to the ghost's side. "You scared me really badly, and I wasn't thinking, and I... oh, I'm so sorry!"

Hanako laughed a little, looking Nene in the eyes. "No, it's fine. But seriously, you came to visit without me telling you to? That's unusual." 

"No, it's not!" Nene said defensively. She came to visit him a lot! "But, I do have a question for you. Is that alright?" Hanako sighed.

"I should have known." He said sadly. "It was too good to be true. Alright, what is it?" He "sat down" in the air, head in his hand.

Nene suddenly felt very uncomfortable. What if this was a touchy subject? What if he didn't actually have a twin? What if-

No, she promised Y/n she would ask, and so she would.

"Well..." She began, hands behind her back. "Um, do you have- I mean, did you have a sibling? When you were alive, I mean?" She stared at Hanako, waiting for an answer.

His face changed a little. He suddenly seemed very serious. Nene had never seen him like this before.

"Why do you ask?" He said grimly. Nene swallowed, not liking his aloofness.

"Uh, I was just wondering." She said, looking to the side. "Because, well, I know so little about your past, and I just thought I'd start with something easy...?" She looked back at Hanako, expecting anything.

He smiled. "No, I didn't have a sibling. I was an only child." Nene relaxed. So he wasn't angry with her. However...

If that was true, then why was there another ghost who looked exactly like him?

~Y/n's POV~

Y/n arrived at the recording room with Natsuhiko, and entered. As she had been told, Tsukasa was there, and he smiled hugely when he saw her.

"Y/n!" He exclaimed excitedly. "I missed you!" He hugged her, then let go and patted her head. "I'm glad you're back!" Y/n laughed a little at the childish apparition.

"Hey, Tsukasa?" She asked, suddenly remembering her talk with Nene earlier that day. "I have a question for you. Could we sit down?" Tsukasa nodded and sat on the couch, gesturing for her to sit next to him.

"So, what is it?" He asked, looking at Y/n with a smile.

"Well, I was wondering something." She said awkwardly. "Um... do you... have a sibling?"

Tsukasa's smile froze for a second before he laughed.

"Yup!" He answered giddily. "I have a brother!" 

"Was he... your twin?" Y/n asked, heart pounding. Tsukasa nodded.

"Uh huh!" He said. "His name was Amane! But..." He trailed off. His face became one of melancholy.

"Never mind." He said suddenly. "All that matters is that..." He leaned over to Y/n, a smile on his face. "I'm pretty sure he's an apparition at this school!" Y/n nodded, feeling a little sick.

"Really?" She asked weakly. So she had been right. "What makes you think that?" Tsukasa giggled.

"Because you told me so!" He said. "When we first met! You said that you had seen me the day before, but I had never seen you before, so that means you saw Amane, instead!" He seemed proud of his logic. Y/n looked straight ahead, remembering that day, and what she had said.

"You also told me that Amane had been hanging out with a girl named Nene-chan!" He continued. "I haven't found her yet, but we've been looking for her! Well, I have." He looked at Natsuhiko and Sakura with unhappiness. "They haven't even tried."

The two others didn't pay any attention to Tsukasa's look.

"Tsukasa?" Y/n asked, looking at the boy. "Um, is it alright with you if I stay the night here again? I don't wanna have to walk home right now, and I still have some questions." Tsukasa's face brightened, and he nodded.

"You don't have to ask, Y/n!" He said. "If you wanna stay, then just stay!" He then laughed and lay on her lap, looking up at her with a smile.

"You don't mind if I'm here, right?" He asked innocently. Y/n slowly shook her head, her face red.

"No, it's fine..." She said quietly, wondering how he managed to make her heart pound.

~~~~~~

New chapter coming soon