Bye and Hello

With a grunt, you pull yourself to sit up. You rub your eyes as a yawn makes its way out of your mouth. Blinking a few more times, you check the time.

It's eight minutes before seven. You groan as you flop yourself on the mattress. It's already late for you to go for a run. You usually get up at four to do it, but it was already past two A.M. when you went back home from your safe place.

Kicking the blanket away, you get up from your bed and head down stairs to prepare breakfast. The living room is already clear. The boys might have transferred to Dowoon's room to sleep.

Your pace becomes slow when you see familiar boxes on the table. There are three banana milk and there's a note beneath them. You take and read it.

Because Brian drank what I gave yesterday.

Creasing your forehead, you think about who Brian is.

Oh, yeah. Younghyun!

Folding your lips together, you get the three boxes of milk and put it on the fridge again. Remembering what the black haired did yesterday, you find a piece of paper and a marker.

You can get anything in here except the boxes of banana milk. Hands off, especially you, BRIAN.

You smile as you finish writing the last word. You saw how the young man argued with Jae yesterday about the name.

With a satisfied smile, you close the marker, stand up and place the note on the refrigerator.

You begin to prepare breakfast only to have it eaten at three in the afternoon because the guys woke up very late.

For what seems the twentieth time, you walk towards the window of your room. You take a peek outside and unconsciously frown when you see no hint of a particular person.

He went to drop the milks but didn't even bother to see me?

Not that you're waiting for him, though. You're not, right? You've waited for him for several years already and you're done with that. You're not gonna wait for him anymore. Not even for a minute. Never.

“Sungjin, how long should I wait for you?” you're both at your safe place again. He's moving to Seoul tomorrow.

“What are you talking about? Who's waiting who?”

You huffed, preventing a tear to fall. You slumped on the bench and smiled tightly. “I won't be seeing you for so long,” you felt your eyes starting to heat up. “Can I finally hug you now?”

Sungjin leaned on the railing. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

You dropped your shoulders. “Then when you graduate? How many years would Civil and Environmental Engineering take? Four years? Five? Six?”

“You're gonna wait for years just for a hug?”

You trapped a sob. It's not ‘just’ a hug. You looked down at your hands, fidgeting. Yes, it's not just a hug. It's like going back to home.

Ever since you found out that your father was cheating, your world crumbled. You were his princess, his partner in crime. He was your man, your best friend and your hero. But everything’s just a long lost memory of yours. Even though you were just six, you understood everything. You were intelligent and mature for your age.