8

The seer was known as soft and kind hearted guy among the survivors. No one would expect to hear the seer's yell, scold or shout. "I-i.. I.." Tears started forming and soon fall down on Aesop's cheeks.

===================================

"You what?! Say it!" Eli shakes the embalmer's body harshly in rage. Naib and Norton actually wanted to go to the garden but they quickly rushed to the matching room when they heard a really loud yelling.

"Eli?! Stop!" Naib stops the seer's harsh act and bring Aesop a bit far from him while Norton holds Eli tightly. "He must.. Have his reason.. At least hear him out!" The mercenary said loudly and turned to the crying embalmer. "Hey Aesop. Don't join this match okay? You really need some rest and.. Let's have some talk later."

Aesop nodded slowly as he got up slowly. Naib sigh in relief at his reply. Finally, the embalmer agreed. Everyone already told him to stop joining the matches so often but he won't, until he's in this state.

The embalmer was fiddling with his makeup box with soft sniffles as he keeps looking down. The mercenary holds his hand and brings him to the kitchen to get some foods. Eli was left behind with Norton, maybe having some talk.

"You've never been like this before. There must be a reason, right?" Naib looked his friend, Aesop was eating slowly. As usual, he doesn't have much appetite.

"Y..yes.." Was all the embalmer's reply.

"Just talk to me. I can help you. Besides, you're just ruining your own body if you keeps doing this." Naib sighed. He noticed the change was after Aesop recovered but that doesn't seems like the actual reason why he would go too far jut because he just recovered.

Aesop nodded again in silence. He's too tired to talk and doesn't have the strength to. He would admit that he's actually tired with what he did but he will get a nag from everyone. After all, he just want to meet Joseph. No other reason than that. Its just a simple wish but how did he ended up in this condition? Its been more than a week since the last time he saw the photographer.

Hunters side of manor.
Joseph was inside his room, reading a book. Its been a while since the last time he's been in a match and he also misses the embalmer. The photographer had no idea what actually happen to Aesop. He was only told not to join the match for temporary time. Obviously he need to follow what the Host say. But he doesn't even know the reason behind it.

Oh how he miss holding the embalmer's small body, those beautiful grey hair and his lips hidden behind his mask. Joseph just watched his friends joining the match with a hope he would be able to join again and meet his lover.

Good luck and be careful was the usual words he would say before the other hunters went to join the match. Little did he know, no one suspected that he was in a relationship with the embalmer. The Host only banned both of them to meet because they thought Joseph was the cause of Aesop's health ruined. The hunters was supposed to hurt survivors and everyone in the manor obviously knew the fact. But there's no one at fault. No one to blame.

"Joseph! You're scheduled to join the next match!" Hastur slammed open the door to reveal the good news to the photographer. Joseph was about to scold his friend because he didn't knock the door first but he just let him go with this good news he's been waiting for.

"Alright, thanks." Joseph smiled and puts away his book. The smile was enough to show that he's happy to join the match again. He went to get ready and waited at the standby room. There might be a possibility Aesop would be in this match, was what Joseph thought.

Joseph caressed his sword one last time before the room went dark. All of the survivors and hunter in the match was spawned randomly in one map. Joseph opened his eyes and looked around. He need to find Aesop. As well as eliminate the other survivors while he's at it. Red and block symbol caught his eyes as he immediately went to the area.

A survivor was revealed, its the barmaid. She was carrying a bucket of ice with bottles of alcohol. Isn't it hard to run with that? Joseph quicken his pace and swing his sword which resulted in only one hit. Demi was limping as Joseph hit her again then tied her up with some balloons, soon tying her up on a rocket chair.

The hunter walked away and went to the nearest camera to take a picture. He entered the photo world as his surrounding turned into grey. Aesop couldn't be find yet but its only the beginning of the match so he thought it was fine. Maybe the embalmer was decoding.

An hour passed but Joseph couldn't find Aesop. He's seen all the 4 survivors and obviously Aesop wasn't in this match. I shouldn't expected too much. Joseph just decided to become friendly and let all the survivors escape. He sat on a rock with a sigh. The photographer just missed his lover a lot and its been a while already since the last time they meet. Joseph looks around to find some solutions to his problem. Waiting for another match doesn't seems like a good idea because he don't know if he would join the next match. The most possibility is a no. Suddenly, everything went dark as he was now standing up behind all the 4 survivors.

Lose. More than 3 survivors escaped.

Joseph turned and walk back to his room. He was too caught up with his thought until he didn't realise Michiko was greeting him at the door. The geisha just let him off with a smile. "Maybe he's just tired."

The photographer entered his room and looks out of the window. The survivors side of the manor can be seen through there as he looks at Emma the Gardener was watering the plants. His eyes widen at the sight.

"Yes! That's it. I should sneak into the manor to meet Aesop just like how I sneak into the garden the last time I met him!" Joseph whispered to himself with a soft smile.

"Night would be the right time."

==================================

A/N: Holy hicky picky cipher machine primed my mind was filled with too much ideas so this book was on fast update. ( = 3 = )/

Also, check out my new fanfic! Its Jack x Naib fanfic I made recently with lots of idea swarming in my brain. I appreciate it a lot if you'll be willing to read it~

Lastly, please take care of your health! Wear facemask like Aesop if you're going to a public place okie~ It does not spark joy if you caught the coronavirus. Wu Chang brothers doesn't spread it, I swear 👀