33: Slaying The Serpent

Start from the beginning

Y/N ran over, concerned for his friend, and checked on him. He seemed fine, so Y/N turned his attention on the Hat, which had something gleaming inside it.

Before he even thought about it, he reached in and grabbed the gleaming silver sword, it's handle glittering with rubies.

He stared at the blade, remembering his stick fighting lessons back in the muggle world. It had been a while since he had practiced, but that wasn't what he was thinking about.

All that mattered, was that he was no longer defenseless.

"Harry, I need you to find cover. Try and sneak up on Riddle. If you can get your hands on one the wands, you can duel him." he said. "Or better yet, go to Ginny, she should still have her wand on her. You can disarm him from behind while he's not looking. Just try not to get killed."

Harry nodded. "What'll you do?"

"I'm gonna kill the snake."

With a determined look on his face, Harry took cover behind some of the pillars, and attempted to reach Ginny's unconscious body. It wasn't too hard, as the Basilisk's current focus was Y/N.

While Y/N dodged, evaded, and stabbed the snake whenever he could, Harry had successfully made it to Ginny, praying she had her wand on her.

She did.

Riddle was so focused and on the snake that he hadn't even noticed Harry was missing.

The snake lunged multiple times, and Y/N was just about quick enough to dodge most of them, but every so often it managed to nick him a little.

The great serpent threw its head back, ready to lung forward and snap at Y/N's head, however, Y/N dodged right on time, and the Basilisk collided head-first into the wall of the great Chamber. There was a sickening crack, as a few of the Basilisk's teeth came flying out, scattering all along the Chamber floor.

"Kill him, fool!" screeched Riddle in Parsletongue. "He is just one boy!"

Wait... just one boy? Where's the other? Thought Riddle.

He whirled around, just as Harry shouted, "Expelliarmus!"

Both wands in Riddle's hands came hurtling from his grasp, and he fell backwards, Harry caught his own, but missed Y/N's, and it clattered to the floor. Riddle scrambled to pick it up again, but Harry manged to kick him away. Riddle slumped into the floor wheezing a little.

"Going to kill me, Harry?" he whispered. "You'll find that a little hard. Not only do you not know many offensive spells, but I am a being beyond destroying."

Meanwhile, the Basilisk was swaying around drunkenly, dizzy from its collision with the wall, it swept across the chamber floor, blind, dizzy, and extremely confused, and reached the side of the Chamber were Riddle and Harry resided, it tail managing to skim past Harry's head, who ducked just in time. However, this caused him to lose focus on Riddle, who scrambled to his feet, picked up Y/N's wand an yell, "Stupefy!"

A jet of red light burst from the wand and the impact from the spell was so strong it sent Harry flying across the chamber, and landing a few feet away from Ginny, who was still unconscious on the floor.

During all of this chaos, Y/N had retreated into a pipe nearby, the Basilisk giving chase, he managed to emerge from the other side and back into the chamber unharmed, and the Basilisk was nowhere to be found. He caught sight of Harry lying, nearly unconscious, next to Ginny. Around him, were several Basilisk teeth.

"Harry!" Y/N shouted. "The diary!"

Harry, who had heard this, despite his weakened state, understood. He looked at the diary in Ginny's grasp and crawled towards her, grabbing it, he then picked up a Basilisk tooth and lifted high over the pages.