"I'm sorry. I'm so- so sorry. I can promise you, I won't be doing it again." He says, in a kind of begging tone. "Pinky promise?" I say, the reminants of a smile hindering on my face as I raise my pinky into the air. Gally smiles. "Pinky promise." And hooks my pinky with his own.

~~~~~

After breakfast, Elijah and I went back to the Med Hut for training. I taught him how to properly wrap things, and give stable stitches (not in anything living, I can promise). To be fair, I didn't need to teach him much as he already seemed to know a lot. Which further proved my point that he had to have had some sort of further training before coming here, just like I must've.

The hours flew by while I taught him, and before long I realised I had made him late for his training in the gardens with Zart and Newt.

I had completely forgotten about my and Newt's passive spat earlier too, but now it had start to come back and it was niggling at me. I just want to make sure he's ok and that we are ok. Because I can deal with people being upset with me, but not him. He is the one person I need.

"Alright then Eli. You are late for working in the gardens, so we gotta go." I say to the tall boy as we leave the Med Hut. "Race ya?" He challenges, bumping my shoulder with his. If it wasn't for the small amount of pain my ankle was in I would probably have taken him up on it. "Not today, big guy. Maybe when I can walk like a proper person I'll beat you." I tease, bumping him back.

"And what makes you so sure you can do that?" He flirts, making me a feel a little uneasy. But I push the feeling away. "Maybe the fact that I was made a runner without having much training." I retort, looking to the floor. "Ah, but that was back then little one." Eli returns, putting on an accent you'd hear from some sort of old man. I chortle at him, my eyebrows raised as he looks a little taken aback. "Little one?! I'm most likely older than you shuckface."

"You're going to regret calling me that now." Eli smirks. "Calling you what? A shuckface?" I quip, slipping into my usual sassy tone. Elijah shakes his head with a chuckle and leans down, throwing me over his shoulder. "HEY! NO FAIR!" I protest as he starts to run towards the gardening fields, my hands flailing in the air with laughter.

"Put me down!" I shout through my laughs, but Eli was too busy laughing himself to be able to hear me. Slowly, but surely, he starts to slow down as I assume we reach the gardening fields. But then he stops dead. And when I hear a cough from behind me, I immediately understand why.

Eli places me back down on my feet and I whip around to see an unamused Newt, Zart standing a few feet behind him. "You're late." The blonde haired boy states, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Shuck... I really want to reply with something witty right now. Like, 'No klunk, Newt.' But I am pretty sure he will not appreciate it.

"Sorry, that was my fault. I was teaching him to make stitches." I smile, peering over my shoulder to Eli, who seems to have taken a few steps back. Newt rolls his eyes at my action, then gestures for Zart to step forward while a pang of anger (and even a little hurt) shoots through my blood.

Zart starts to explain something to Eli while I space out, only being brought back when Eli's warm hand is sitting on my back, gently pushing me forward. "Dani?" He cooes, snapping me from my thoughts. "Huh? Yeah?" I ask, a little dazed. "You coming?" He asks, peering down at me. I blink my eyes rapidly and clear my throat, nodding my head as he carries on pushing me forward gently, this time my feet moving too.

The four of us walk down the side of the fields, stopping at the same one Newt and I were at yesterday except we were on the opposite side. "Let's get started then."