Taehyung thought it must have been pleasurable if he continued to stay with the noble boy until minutes before the sunrise. He couldn't recall a not fogged memory and unfortunately, the remainder of the night was painful in his muscles. Though deep down he knew it was sweet despite the bitter aftertaste. Even if he was high on intoxicating liquor and concupiscence.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung firmly knocked on the long, beautifully carved wooden door. His father opened it. The old man's feature wore a sour look when he saw it was his son. Not uttering any words as they were not needed, he turned back and with a deep bow announced his departing to the prince before moving past Taehyung with the last meaningful look. A warning. 

Taehyung drily gulped. He was about to do the same after his father left. Apologizing the young prince for his hinder but the man cut him off before he could utter the first syllable. "No time for that. Quickly, get ready."

"Yes, sir." So he hurried to get the needed supplies.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung had long lost the count of minutes. He didn't know how much had past since the beginning of the practice. Maybe an hour, maybe more. He tried hard to remember the prince's plan for the day and wondered if there really was no event and the man was free for the remainder of the morning since the practice didn't want to end. Has the sword training always took this long?

A few maids had come in at some points to refresh the pitchers and tend the prince before leaving in rush. At last one of them was considerate enough to bring him a glass of water too. May God bless her.

However, Taehyung thought he was past the point to be saved by a glass of water. At this stage, even a gallon of ice-cold water wouldn't be able to ease his burning throat and muscles.
His breathing was sharp and ragged. Being heard clearly as it bounced off of the nearly empty and silent room like wind under the porch. He brought a hand up to remove the trickle of sweat from his forehead. That didn't solve much since many more were moving down his back. His face was flush and the servant could only imagine how tired he looked just then.

"I thought your father said you were a good partner? You are already breathless and we aren't even halfway through." The young prince raised a skeptical eyebrow. A snarl was about to slip off his tongue but he bit it to keep quiet. 

"I'm-" sorry I wasn't training since six. was what he wanted to sneer back but instead took a deep breath. "I am good, your highness... it's just..." he bit the corner of his lip. Now, debating whether to tell the other about his sore muscles or not. His muscles that were exhausted even before his arrival.

"Continue." The royal man nodded. Eyes sharp and heavily focused on the boy before him.

"Sir, my apologies, but before coming to you my back was already in pain... A-And that was also why I had a delay. Which again, I'm truly sorry about."

He lifted his eyes and saw the other looking at him with narrowed ones. Taehyung was no foreign to that look, those eyes. He knew the prince was ought to do something. Probably a mischievous plan. From experience. And the poking by his tongue to his cheek just confirmed the young servant's judge.

Then the prince put his sword aside and strode the room in swift long steps and stood in front of the other boy.

Taehyung hesitated for a moment whether to move away and keep his space with the royal member or not.

But then the prince came even closer, invading his personal space. Taehyung knew that certainly, this proximity was inappropriate and also prohibited between the two different classes. Only the personal servants could get this close to the prince, and that also, with his permission.  But no could blame the young boy as it wasn't him crossing the formal distance. The wrong was on the prince himself, Taehyung just didn't step away. He couldn't, to be fair.