Geralt knew that this conversation wasn't over with him, he wanted to know why she is so worried about him. "You can't kill the vukodlak, so you decide to kill you King. Great plan." Geralt nonchalantly stated once the miner finished talking, Velorina covered her mouth with her finger to hide her smile as the miner looked at both of them in surprise. "Another fucking Witcher, your kind already swindled us once." The miner who lost his son said with spat, as he spat towards Geralt. Velorina made a face at the action, "You should leave here too woman, this ani't no place for the likes of you." Velorina ignored the human, only turning her head to the side with her arms crossed and one of her foot against the wall behind her.

Geralt decided to put the attention back on him, "I take payment after the job is done and for a third of the price. An apology, from my guild to yours." He sincerely said. The miner looked at his men, "And if you can't kill it?" He asked. "Then I die." Geralt said back. Velorina sigh in worry and annoyance at his statement, Geralt looked at her briefly then back at the miners. Velorina, Geralt and the Miners looked over hearing marching coming into the cave, "Everyone remain calm." A Royal guard said. Geralt smirked seeing Foltest men, "Lower your weapons and return home." The guard stated. "Do so quickly, and without further theatrics." Velorina felt Geralt get close to her, she kept her attention on the humans, she squint her eyes at the men before her, "And you will have my word that our King will not hear of this treason." The man finished.

The leader of the Miners stepped forward, "Foltest commit treason, he hides in his winter castle as we are eaten." The rest of the miners cheered on their leader, the man gave the miner a petty look. "Mikal was a good boy. Revenge will not ease your pain." The man gently said. Velorina looked down, not believing that statement to be true, apparently neither did the miner, as he spat on the man shoe. "You know nothing, of my pain." The miner growled. Velorina couldn't help but to see a bit of herself in the miner. She understood how much killing this beast would mean to the man, she got off the wall walking pass Geralt who stared after her in wonder, "Does Foltest have a plan?" Geralt asked as the miners then took their leave. The man stared at the Witcher with disinterest, "See this one to our borders. I think Temeria had enough of Witchers." He ordered.

Geralt was being lead by Foltest men when all four of them fell from their horses. Geralt took out his sword ready for anything that will come near, in the back of his mind he thought it could be Velorina but he wasn't sure. His wolf medallion never shook when she was near, so it's either her or human, "Witcher." He heard a voice call to him in the night, Geralt turned around seeing a clad woman in the forest. "You can put down your sword. I'm not here to hurt you." She said. "Says the witch hiding in the woods." Geralt said to her still on guard, "Sorceress." She stated with a smirk, "Witch." Geralt said back. Velorina rolled her eyes at the two from the tree tops, a few miles back, "Triss Merigold. I serve King Foltest." The beautiful woman said with a smile, "So he makes a show of kicking me out, then sends his errand girl to slip me some coin to kill his monster. Not a good plan for a King" Geralt stated while eyeing the woman. Triss sigh at the annoying Witcher, "I'm not here asking you to kill it. I want you to save it." She said.

Velorina sigh as she waited for Geralt to end his meeting with the King. She waited outside on the roof listening to what was happening inside the castle, she smiled when Geralt tricked the King gaurds into leaving their King veritable. "Who's the princesses father?" Geralt asked the King. "My men will kill you Witcher." Foltest said to him. Velorina chuckled to herself as she listened, "Hmm, it's funny. You learn that your sister was murdered and you didn't even flinch. The moment I mention the girl father." Geralt paused as he watched the King face shifted once again, "Why were you never married?" He asked. Foltest leaned back on his chair eyeing the rude man, "You're speaking to a King." He said while waving his fat finger. Geralt raised his own finger at him, "That's my point." He said. Velorina listened on waiting to hear the King respond, "Why not produce your own heir, why not kill the striga and avoid this revolt? Between you and me, who is the striga father?" Geralt continued.