Anjali: what about you, Khushiji? Will you be happy?

Khushi was taken aback by that question but she answered it after a while...

Khushi: I don't know di but I will definitely not be at peace if you seperate yourself from Arnavji...

Anjali immediately hugged Khushi and let her heart out...

Anjali: why should you suffer, Khushiji? Why are you so selfless? Even after going through all those, you still think so much about us...? Why Chotte had to play with your heart?? Why??

Khushi too cried along with Anjali and managed to pull herself back from the hug...

Khushi: I might not be destined to have a happy married life, di..

She said in a trance and after taking a deep breathe, she continued...

Khushi: promise me di... promise me that you will not leave Arnavji behind... You will look after him like you always did... promise me di... that you will forgive him because he never intended to hurt you...

Anjali looked at the extended hand and then back into Khushi's eyes...

Anjali: I promise you, Khushiji... (she placed her palm over Khushi's) but what about you? Will you ever forgive Chotte?

That was the question which made Khushi getting pulled into deep thoughts... She averted her eyes from Anjali and stayed still for a while, looking at the ground... She turned around and spoke...

Khushi: I should leave, di... (saying that, she ran away from the ward)

***

Arnav got to know that Anjali was discharged and was back to Raizada mansion... So, he couldn't stop himself from moving towards her room... He stood infront of her room but had no courage to enter inside... He couldn't see hatred for him in his di's eyes... He observed Anjali patting the baby and then, his eyes landed on the baby who was sleeping peacefully... A smile appeared on his face seeing how cute the baby looked... He was still admiring the baby when he heard Anjali's voice...

Anjali: Chotte... (she called sitting straight)

Arnav looked at her and his smile dropped, replacing it with misery and guilt... He was about walk away when he heard her calling him again...

Anjali: Chotte... come inside...

Arnav was surprised to hear that but he entered into the room...

Anjali: you have every right to be with your niece...

Arnav(giving a sarcastic smile): I shouldn't be given any right, di... because I only know to hurt people... It is good that she is going stay away from me... Otherwise, I might hurt her too... (he said looking at the baby)

Anjali understood what Arnav was referring to and she cleared his thoughts...

Anjali: we are not moving out of this house, Chotte...

Arnav was shocked to hear that sentence initially... but when he realized what his di just said, he felt happy...

Arnav: really di??

Anjali nodded her head and gestured Arnav to sit beside her... Arnav followed her and sat beside Anjali...

Anjali(with tears in her eyes): why you have to do this Chotte? Why you have to hurt Khushiji like that? for what? to protect me from Shyamji... You know Chotte, I used to feel happy knowing my brother cares for me very much... Even a single scratch on my hand, you will make so much fuss about it... you can go to any length to protect me... I always feel how lucky I am to get such a brother... but I never thought that to protect my life, you will have to destroy an other woman's life... I can't stop thinking that I am the reason why Khushiji has to suffer today... You did all this to protect me... and Khushiji served as the bait... (Anjali broke down)

Arnav(holding Anjali): di please di... You are not responsible for anything... If anyone has to be blamed, it should be me... I made Khushi's life horrible by marrying her forcefully and behaving badly with her even after our marriage...

Anjali: I thought the same Chotte... that you are only responsible for Khushiji's pain... (she paused and continued) until Khushiji explained the things in the hospital yesterday...

Arnav was surprised to hear that...

Arnav: Khushi??

Anjali(nodding her head): yes Chotte... She came to the hospital yesterday... It was Khushiji who explained the things and took promise from me that I wouldn't leave you or this house...

Arnav felt as if his breathing stopped for a while... He was happy that Khushi still cared for him but it was a pure torture to gain help from someone whom he hurt so much... from the one whom he loved but failed to trust... He felt lack of oxygen and stood up... After a second, he was already out of Anjali's sight...

***

Arnav was looking at the sky with his hands folded on his chest...

Arnav(looking at the stars): why do you still care for me, Khushi? You arrived here last night just to check upon me, isn't it? and then, you made di not to leave me... Why are you like this? Why are you helping me when all I done to you is giving you pain... I crossed all my boundaries and hurt you so much... You shouldn't think about my well-being Khushi... I just don't deserve it... may be, I don't deserve you too... but my weak heart can't accept it... I want you in my life...

***

Next day:

Arnav sat on his chair and observed the water in the pool... He had few beautiful memories with Khushi at this place... especially during Payal's wedding... A smile appeared on his face remembering their moments at this same place... but it soon got faded when the memories of him pulling Khushi out of his room and asking her to sleep near the poolside hit his brain... What a monster he was... He married her forcefully and treated her more than a slave... He hurt her through his words and then made her sleep in the cold weather during their first night itself... He shut his eyes unable to bear the guilt...

After a while, he heard his heart beat going louder and he felt her presence... He opened his eyes only to see Khushi standing infront of him... He raised to his feet slowly and walked towards her...

Arnav: Khushi...

Khushi responded after a while...

Khushi: are you alright?

Arnav gulped at that question and just nodded his head... What should he say? that he was flowing in a river of emotions which was only making him more guilty through every passing second...?

Khushi: I need to say something...

Arnav nodded his head again as he had no courage to talk to her...

Khushi: I think, I should try to forgive you...

That sentence ringed like bells in Arnav's ears and he couldn't believe what she just said... Will she really forgive him??

Arnav: say it again... (he asked holding his breathe)

Khushi: I don't want neither of us to suffer... So, I will forgive you for what you did to me...

Arnav felt as if the burden on his heart got reduced... Khushi's words filled his heart with joy... He took fast steps towards her and hugged her immediately...

Arnav: really Khushi? Will you really forgive me? I am hearing it correct, right... I am not hallucinating, am I? Will you come back to me again? I promise, I won't hurt you again...

Arnav was blabbering in his happiness but he failed to notice how unaffected Khushi stayed... Her hands still stayed at their place... She didn't hug him back while her face displayed no emotion...

Khushi: you are taking it all wrong, Arnavji...

Those words made Arnav pull back from the hug and looked at her, getting confused... Khushi continued to explain...

Khushi: I don't intend to come back to you... I want to forgive you because I want to live in peace... Upon that, I am here to tell you that I want to part from you legally... Our six months contract ended Arnavji... We should be separated legally...

***

I will try to update my stories on weekly basis from now... 😊😊