Chapter 10: A Dragon's Curse a Viking's Grudge

Start from the beginning

"As I believed Cloudjumper informed me about your predicament." I calmly declare.

"Yes son." He looked up at the sky. "I had a vision about what's going to happen tonight...." He pause. "And it doesn't look very well." He continued.

"What did you see then, my King." Toothless who was right behind me asked in a solemn tone.

"Hiccup and Toothless do you still remember about the tales of the ghostly dragon or so Vikings called it the...."

"Flightmare" me and Toothless said in unison.

"Yes the Flightmare..." He let out a puff of snow, while on midair the veil of icy smoke dance around forming what it seems to images of dad's vision a .... dragon, a village, a girl..

"What are these images dad?" I ask again but this time more concern than before.

"My vision Hiccup...." He paused again taking a huge breath and let out a fog of icy wind that let my hair for grow stiff. "Was that really necessary dad." My words were filled with outmost sarcasm.

"Hiccup... I'm getting old I've lived for almost two centuries." He said with a loathsome voice.

"As I was saying, these images are the things happening to... Berk." He paused again and I was shocked.

"BERK! Your not serious are you?" I grew restless hearing that name.

"Yes, I fear that the Flightmare will take flight tonight when Arvindole's Fire is visible in the night sky." He let out another breath of icy wind.

"What must we do then my King?" Toothless being more serious than ever.

"Travel East until you find there Isles of Berk and find the Flightmare, and capture him before the Vikings do."

Meanwhile  12 hoursbefore Arvindole's Fire at Berk

Narration

Twelve hours left before a once in ten years Aurora Borealis the Arvindole's Fire, for most people think they should hide in their houses not thinking twice on meeting the Flightmare face-to-snout, that is except for one individual Astrid Hofferson.

Weeks before the event she trained hard with a mix of vengeance and hatred that consumed her over the past years. One night for at least ten years ago her Uncle Fearless Finn Hofferson was struck with the Flightmare's breath. A breath that would render anyone to shake in a terrorizing fear, with that Finn fell to his demise in the jaws of fear, with the thought of dishonoring his family's name he committed suicide.

Astrid fell into tears with her most beloved uncle died a pitiful death, so she vowed to get stronger, smarter, faster and most of all being fearless.

That pain and hatred turned her into a more skillful shield maiden, who only seeks revenge for her departed uncle. Although she wasn't the only one who wanted to avenge Finn, a search party of the Hofferson clan went out to search for the Flightmare, but failed. As days become weeks and weeks became months and months became years there were no sign off this dragon.

This however gave Astrid some time to prepare herself for the day she can avenge Finn.

With that she hardly interacts with the other teens except for Ruffnut and Freyja whom understand her pain, sometimes Thyreim and Fishlegs also was there to comfort her.

She feels like her goofy self when they're around, which makes her forget about vengeance. But there are always things that can set her on edge one of those are Snotlout and his egotistic, flirty and far most ignorant behavior can surely fuel up Astrid's fury. Many have Snotlout tried to impress and court her, but he always end up on the rough pavement with uncountable bruises.