First day ~ Chapter 2

It was a pretty warm day for February so I began walking to school that wasnt to far away from my home once I made it I opened the side doors just to hear the noise of other students walking behind me I sighed before entering the building taking out the white crumbled paper from my jean short pocket and read all the information again 'Locker 134' Seems easy enough I search for my locker before finally finding it and unlocking it staring at its tidiness and cleanness something I could never achieve I locked it up again I had no reason for it, I carried all my class books, erasers, homework, and everything in there so it was completely useless I sighed once again before flashing the white paper again my first class was History, not my favorite, but id have to go anyway whether I like it or not I see Veronica sitting down next to my seat I desperate dont want her to acknowledge me due to her optimistic-energetic personality I soon learn I failed with my plans as she greeted me pretty loudly.I sat down setting my backpack down under my side of the desk and got out my book, pouch, and teal folder my homeroom doesnt teach history, but from reading the paper 'History-First class. Mrs. Rider' I notice the familiar blue hair again that just made me sigh harder in annoyance I didnt want to even think about her this morning it really changed my mood this morning I noticed her walk into Math class That was seriously her first class? I felt bad, but ignored the feeling before Mrs. Rider started talking I began writing and looking into my book the teacher quit talking and gave us directions to finish our 2 papers and then to wait quietly it seemed simple, very simple for me since History was easy for me, besides remembering the dates.I finished before everyone I grabbed another book and sat it up on the close corner of my desk I knew Veronica wouldnt snitch since we were in the back of the classroom and because she put her book from the library up too creating a mini wall I laid down my phone before turning it on and putting it on silent before I see Rose messaged me How did she still have my number? Why is she texting me? I have no idea, but I read the message, blocking it with my left arm on the desk out of the corner of my eye I see Veronica minding her own business on her phone and I read Rose's message in my head 'Can we please sit next to each other at lunch?' The message read I quickly responded 'Why? I want nothing to do with you, we arent even friends.' I sent, I was being brutally honest but I didnt care, cause she didnt, right?
Rose's POV
I read Eliza's message, praying not to be caught during class texting but I felt the burn of Eliza's words, I still really wanted our friendship to rekindle but I texted back anyway 'Im sorry, but please? I feel safer when im with you..💙' I sent the text, unsure what the hell I was planning but as I reread my message, it made me have flashbacks to all our caring and closest moments waves of nostalgia hit me I really would like to relive those moments again with her I saw the bubbles, symbolizing she was texting me again before a message popped up on my screen 'Really? Well, only for today fine..lets meet in the cafeteria.' Just as I read that the school bell rung for lunchtime I packed up my stuff in my backpack and an image of Eliza flashed in my mind I blushed thinking about her before swinging my bag over my shoulder and making my way to the cafeteria that was next to the gym I saw Eliza sitting at a table alone I blushed again, but brushed it off and continued walking and sat next to her.I sat my bag down next to me before looking over to her blue eyes that were gorgeous, usually dull and lifeless but now they had a shine, a particular glow and they were sparkly really gorgeous "Eliza..?" I asked unsure if she was responsive, or even daydreaming "Yeah, Rose?" She asked me making my eyes widen ever so slightly before I responded to her "Thanks for sitting with me.." I thanked her adequately, before she shot a question right back at me "Arent you hungry? Have a sushi roll." She passed me a sushi roll before I could respond "N-No! I dont wanna steal your lunch!" I said with my mind wondering to how she was so harsh over text but acting sweet in reality? She assured me that it was okay before I ate the roll.
Eliza's POV
I dont know if I did it out of my cold personality, but I offered her a sushi roll and watched her eat it as I gave her 3 more leaving 4 more for me which was technically fair since she did eat the other one I noticed how close she was to me I didnt like it at all especially since this was pure from my personality I scooted away just to notice her scoot ever so slightly closer "Stop. It." I told her sternly before pushing my trash next to the close trashcan before I noticed a look of hurt in her eyes before she scooted away a bit it wasnt my fault, she literally didnt even wanna be friends shes playing with my emotions at this point! "Im sorry, Eliza.." Rose wasnt on the edge of tears, but her voice definitely softened to an extent before looking at me with her heterochromia eyes meeting my lively blue eyes again "Its fine, just dont do that" I could feel my face warm up at my own words before looking away at nothing in particular "What?" Rose's face curved into a smile her voice and expression probably still soft.The bell rung signaling for the next class to take place soon I looked at my schedule to reveal 'Science - Mr. Carter' I peered over to Rose's paper that read 'Language Arts - Mr. Jones' without even saying goodbye, I left her completely unsure of my relationship with this girl before I made my way to class sitting down in a random spot I noticed someone very familiar...Ruby? We were great friends, but I never expected to see her here she had light crimson eyes and soft brown hair pulled into a ponytail.
Ruby's POV
Before I know it, I meet eyes with Eliza Monroe, my best friend since 1st grade "Eliza! I didnt expect to see you here, in this class, of course." I told her with a bright smile "Yeah, I didnt expect to see you here either, how has your day been?" Eliza asked me curiously before sitting out her stuff as I sat out my supplies too "Pretty refreshing, what about you? Are you friends with Rose? I saw you two at lunch." I told her kinda confused of their relationship, I noticed Eliza slightly cringe at my words before she explained "I was just doing her a favor," I noticed her cold expression change ever so slightly again "But, never again, of course.." She ended in a whisper before organizing her stuff neatly "Oh, okay" I accepted her answer, maybe it was personal? I dont know, but I assume she has her own business to eventually attend to with Rose.I heard the bell ring once again before I packed most of my stuff up "Ruby, do you need help with that?" She asked me before pointing to a question on my paper making me slightly blush orange before nodding as she taught me whats correct from wrong as I began erasing "Thanks.." She nodded back at my response before continuing.
Rose's POV
I was gonna talk to Eliza again, I feel even more connected and destined to be around her before until I saw her and Ruby walking out of class together I stopped dead in my tracks just staring at the two girls disappear down the stairs I made my way to the bathroom and locked the stall Who the hell does Ruby think she is!? But why am I even getting jealous..? We arent even friends, just acquaintances, yeah, acquaintances to more—N-No, I blushed at my own mind before snapping back to reality Im gonna be late if I dont get to class, I hurry to my next period noticing I have 30 minutes to spare but waste no time my blood felt hotter then usual and my stomach felt ill almost maybe it was more guilt with jealousy? I know Ruby and Eliza are just friends, right? even if they werent, it was none of my business and I will just have to accept that, for now, of course.