"--but I don't think he'd go for me. I mean, thank you, but I'm really not all that great to look at." Minhyuk purposely continued on with his words after this, before his friend could interject that he was, in fact, "beautiful and worth chasing."

"Hey, you know, speaking of rocks, do you think if my heart was a mineral and it broke, would if have cleavage or fracture?"

Kihyun was truly listening now. "Honestly?"

"Honestly."

So with narrowed, thinking eyes, the older male set down his pen and hunched over to rest on his science textbook. His cheek was bunched up against his bone and the page as he peered up at his blonde friend.

Truthfully, he didn't need much time to think about it. He had known Minhyuk since he himself was a new student at the school back in ninth grade, two years ago, so any questions regarding the blonde were pretty easy to answer.

"Well," he began thoughtfully, breath fanning over the stained pages, "I think it'd have fracture. I mean, when you form an attachment to someone, it's an attachment for life. When it comes to you and severing that attachment, you'd break easily, since you would be losing something that was very important to you. Your heart would shatter, and it would shatter into a bunch of jagged pieces. There would be no clean, smooth cut. The pieces would be sharp and uneven, making the section of your heart that had broken for them hard to repair, maybe even impossible to repair. You get what I'm saying?"

Minhyuk's eyes then lit with a mysterious wonder. "Sometimes I think you know more about me than I do."

The other laughed softly. "Maybe I do."

----

"--and he was actually here back in eighth grade, so most of us already know him. His hair was longer back then, though. He got made fun of for it a lot, but he didn't seem to mind. I wonder if he's going to grow it out again."

Kihyun groggily opened his eyes--having been tuned out of the world for a while--and peered over at one of his closest friends: his lunch buddy, Chae Hyungwon. "Sorry, who are you talking about?" He yawned to wake himself up from the mental break he had taken and leaned back from the cafeteria table, showing Hyungwon that this time, he was actually paying attention.

Hyungwon set his chopsticks down beside his plastic ramen bowl and nodded in the direction of a swarm of students, probably surrounding some kid telling some exaggerated tale. "Changkyun," he clarified.

"Who's Changkyun?"

The other chuckled and reached for the utensils he had just set down. His shiny black hair had grown long since the school year began, and in response, he had developed a habit of tucking what he could behind his ear to keep it from getting it dirty. "The new kid. You know, the one Minhyuk really likes?" He shoveled a heap of noodles into his mouth, his fingers hovering over his ear in case a strand of hair slipped away.

"Oh, the one with pretty eyes?"

Cough!

"E-excuse me?" Hyungwon choked out, accidentally spewing his convenience store noodles all over the place. "D-don't let--" He couldn't even finish his sentence as the urge to cough crawled up his throat. After letting out a short chorus of coughs, he took a sip from his water bottle. "Don't let Minhyuk hear you s-say that," he instructed in a raspy voice, wiping away the globs of noodles that were all over the table.