Chapter 5

The next day
Gun pov

I couldn't sleep well. After having a wonderful encounter with Off, I also chatted with milkshake or Oab who just confessed saying that he likes me. But how? I mean I'm just nobody in school. I didn't join any club activities, and as soon as classes are over, I go home immediately. So besides my friends, teachers and Off I barely know anyone.

"what are you thinking about?" I was turned back from reality after Off said that. This is the first day that Off is fetching me to school, and I was so damn happy about it.

But wait this is a good opportunity, maybe I can ask him about milkshake since they have the same course. I don't sound like cheating right? I mean I love Off but I'm asking about another guy?

"ahm do you happen know someone in your department named Oab?"  it took him to reply but he said yes and they seemed to be very close.

"what about him? is he bothering you?" I just laughed with his question and better not answer about it.

We arrived in school before 8am. I was thankful to him that I don't need to ride a bus every morning and have to offer a sit to older and pregnant cause it hurts my leg while standing.

" what time will you end later? Can you wait for me after practice"

"it's fine. I can home by myself later. You have your gf to wait for you right?" I faked a smile. It is painful knowing he is straight and he has a beautiful gf."

"give me your number, I'll text you if she's not coming with me."

I don't mind being the second priority. I understand that she's more important. I'm just happy that we exchanged our numbers.

LINE
Milkshake: hey wanna meet later?

Gun: no need to, I know who you are. You are P Off's friend right?

Milkshake: woah okay I'm kinda jealous that you only recognize Off. But it's okay, I bet you haven't seen me in person yet.

Come to think of it, I never noticed any of Off's friends since hes always get my attention. I agreed to our meet up later after class. I'm just curious. I also want to make sure if this guy is also serious.

After class

I went to the photography club room as it was our meeting spot with Oab. He said he's a member or photography club and mentioned that they also lack members as of now. But I couldn't join cause I dont want to stay up late due to my illness.

My eyes caught the pictures that were posted on the bulletin board. The pictures were all about nature. I guess this person loves nature soo much.

Suddenly I heard the shutter from a camera. Then I saw the guy who confessed to me. Hes..... cu cute. His smile is so genuine and his eyes were sparkling. Wait, is this really him?

He started walking towards me. Then he looked at the picture on the bulletin and asked "do you like it?"  I nodded and smiled too.

"it's just like you. So peaceful, so calm. I like you gun. I know we just have met, but I've been looking at you for so long. I won't  ask for your answer yet, but I just want you to get to know me first. Will it be okay?"

Why does it feel like I'm in a drama. A long time ago I was nobody. No one even wanted to approach me. A long time ago my life is miserable with my illness and my family's status but now it's like my spring season is now here.

" are you serious? Why would you like someone like me?" he laughed at my reply. He then asked me if I'm hungry, then we headed to the canteen.

It was so awkward. I couldn't say anything. I'm not a social butterfly to begin with. But what makes me uncomfortable the most is he staring at me eating.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, but we can start as friends you know. I always wanted to ask what are your hobbies?"

" I like watching documentaries and cooking." I was a little embarrassed, people might want to hear hobbies like watching drama, listening to kpop songs or  watching Netflix.

" hmm I'm not that really into documentaries though, but I like watching crimes and science fiction. And cooking? Wow I want to taste your cooking someday. The person you'll end up with will be so lucky."

I don't know, maybe others will call me cheap or whatsoever, but having someone who appreciates you feels so good. I couldn't help but smile. But then I suddenly remembered that I shouldn't let this person expect from too much.

What if he knew about my illness, then would he still want to be with me. I was about to speak something but then someone interrupted us.

"oi I texted you and called you for the 5th time, why weren't you answering?" I was shocked it was Off, then I looked at my cellphone he did text me.

"you could have said that you were meeting someone so that I don't need to wait for you." then he saw Oab.

"so you two know each other?" Oab asked and he smiled to off.

"what are you doing here oab? Are you using your charm again to get people join your club? You know you should stop that or else people will get the wrong idea. Youve been confessing to lots of people but then after asked them to join the club, no wonder they left after knowing your true motives. "

"no I... I.." oab was stuttering and I felt like throwing up. I felt hurt and betrayed. But what am I really expecting. Nobody would really care for me.

I suddenly stood up from where I was sitting and started walking, I didn't care the calls of Oab and Off, I don't care anymore. I just started walking without knowing where to go to.

They're so cruel, making me feel like this. They're just using me. Even if I'm about to die they're still so selfish. As I was walking someone grabbed my arms.

"hey whats wrong with you." off asked but I just shrug off his hands.

"should I be the one who's angry? You made me wait and then I saw you talking witb Oab without telling me?"

"can you pls shut up. I never asked you to do this things to me. You already give me a lift once, you don't have to feel guilty anymore."

I felt so bad. Everybody could see how desperate I am.

"don't talk with Oab anymore. Whatever he said he just wants you to do things for him. Actually he told me he was meeting someone later and I never thought it was you."

" don't worry I won't meet him and you too."

At night
There were messages from Oab I couldn't reply not because I was mad but because I don't know what to expect anymore. But then Oab sent me a voice mail. I listened to it

" gun? I know you must be so upset. But believe me everything I told you was the truth. But please don't hate Off too. If I could really asked you to join the club, then I could have asked you from the start, but I never did. I won't ask you to join. I just want to be with you and get to know you. Will you forgive me"?

Then I smiled. At least this person was begging for forgiveness, not a prideful person like Off. Maybe I should give him a chance. After all, he might be the one for me