"You kind of are," Lily opened her mouth to yell at Myra when she quickly finished her point, "But no matter! Let's get to... What do we have now?"

"Potions!" Lily stormed off to the dungeons with Myra trailing behind her. Myra didn't miss the bright flush on Lily's face.

∞-∞-∞

The entire school was abuzz with plans for the Halloween Ball. This was apparently the first Ball at Hogwarts for a long while. As Myra and Alice hurried through the halls, she heard whispers of students.

"Henry Cook asked me to the Ball!"

"I really want Thomas to ask me!"

"I'm going to ask Elizabeth Gardiner to the Ball!"

"Congratulations!"

No one had yet asked Myra to the Ball but she wasn't bitter. Who'd want to go with her anyway? Alice had already been asked by two people. She didn't say yes to any of them because she was waiting for Frank to ask her. At least, that's what Myra deduced. Lily hadn't been asked but that was only because everyone assumed she'd go with James, who had asked her numerous times. Marlene, of course, had been asked more than any of them combined. Several boys had gone up to her but she only said yes to one person.

Katherine Cobalt. Yes, Marlene was a lesbian, a fact that shocked the girls.

"I realized during the Herbology project!" Marlene defended when bombarded with questions from Alice and Lily. Myra had simply hugged Marlene and said she was proud.

Myra and Alice burst through the portrait door to find Frank standing there with a small smile and a hopeful look on his face. Alice had abruptly stopped and dropped her books. Myra picked up Alice's dropped books and silently moved away to give them space. When she was halfway up the stairs, she heard a loud squeal and a thump. She chuckled and hurried up.

Inside, Marlene was carefully doing her nails in a bright scarlet red which Myra personally thought looked cool. Lily was busy studying.

"I have news!" Myra yelled. Marlene jumped and almost knocked the nail-polish bottle off of her bed. Lily had actually fallen off.

"Do tell," Marlene said sarcastically. Myra rolled her eyes.

"Alice got asked to the Ball!"

"And?" Marlene was clearly annoyed.

"By Frank!" Marlene and Lily immediately started squealing and jumping. After a few seconds, Marlene stopped.

"You haven't been asked yet." She stated in horror. Myra shrugged.

"It's fine. I don't mind." Marlene exchanged glances with Lily before rushing Myra back down to the Common Room.

"We are going to find you a date if it's the last thing we do!" Lily stated, pushing Myra back out the portrait door.

"What a horrible last thing to do."

∞-∞-∞

From the corner of the Common Room, at that very moment, Remus Lupin was finishing his Arithmetic essay. When he saw Lily, Marlene and Myra leave the Common Room, he could feel his heart swell. She doesn't have a date yet. He thought happily. Sitting next to him was Sirius, who had noticed the dopey smile on his face.