Secret Confession - Alfonse x Reader

Alfonse was nervous as he carefully picked up a nice little package for Feh to retrieve and send off to you who was currently busy with some of the new heroes you had summoned beforehand.

"You sure this is gonna work?" Alfonse asked, cheeks tinted in a pink hue.
"Of course! You two are close so I'm sure she'll love them!" Sharena smiled.
"Do you think she even knows the meaning of these flowers?" Anna asked.
"I'm not sure...we rarely speak of flowers anyways so..." Alfonse replies.

Well, that was completely true, with the war going on it's not like the two of you had the time to speak of such little things such as flowers...though he did wonder what your favourites were considered at one point in time he caught you crouched down near a small pond smiling as you talked about one of the lotus flowers that had bloomed.

"Wow! I've never seen a lotus flower before! It usually takes a thousand years for it to even bother to bloom...I've heard they sleep within the mud. We're really lucky to see one Al!" You smiled.

Ahh...that memory was his favourite, your smile and the way your eyes shined. It might have been that very moment that Alfonse figured out he had fallen for you quite hard.

"Hello! Alfonse!" Anna shouts.
"W-What?" Alfonse asked snapping out of his thoughts.
"You were thinking of (Y/N) weren't you?" Anna smirked.
"Aww so cute! Don't worry brother! We'll help you two get together!" Sharena smiles.

Blushing away he coughed as he held out the package for Feh who took it then flew off to where you were...Alfonse wasn't sure how much of this his heart could take so he stumbled over his words and walked off leaving the girls to giggle at his actions.

**With You**

Currently, as of this moment, you were busy training with both Alm and Celica, two new heroes who had been summoned together along with Conrad as well as Faye along with Emporer Rudolf.

Though Faye and Rudolf had gone elsewhere as the other three stayed, usually you'd get to know the new heroes first by training alongside them to get a good grasp on their fighting styles which would provide you with the task to easily place them in whichever area on the battlefield that would best benefit them.

"So do you have anyone special for the Day Of Devotion?" Celica asked.
"Um well..." You laughed and blushed a bit.
"Oh, you do!" Celica smiled.
"Come on now Celica, don't tease our summoner." Alm chuckled.
"Aww but I wanna know who it is!" Celica pouts.

And as if fate decided to step in and reveal the answer to the heroes who saw the feelings between the two Feh arrived with the package.

"(Y/N), you have a package from Alfonse!" Feh announces.
"Thanks, Feh!" You smiled gently taking the package.

Not sure what it was you opened it and gasped at the sight, you were rather shocked since inside the package was some Gardenias flowers. These were rather rare and once you thought about it...your face flushed red at the meaning behind these flowers.

Purity and sweetness...they also indicate secret love. Not to mention it's pretty much flowers from Alfonse telling you that he thought you were rather lovely.

Placing the basket they were in you then read the note that came along with it.

'Dear, (Y/N). I hope you understand the meanings behind these flowers, I'm sorry if I'm being a coward to hide behind some flowers and a note. But I fear if I told you face to face that I'd stumble over my words and never get my feelings out to you at all...but here goes, I love you, not only have you been at my side since we met but you've never given up on any of us. Even when odds were stacked upon us you continued to find ways to push us forward. I'm internally grateful for all you've done and I hope we can continue to work together side by side not just as partners but also maybe as lovers?' - Alfonse.

Your face was beet red, not only were your feelings mutual but you were given something rather sweet by Alfonse on the Day Of Devotion pretty much as a sign of being asked out. Smiling a bit you were cheering a hell of a lot in your head while you did try to remain calm on the outside but...Alm and Celica could tell you were over the moon about this.

"Oh, this is so cute!" Celica smiled.
"Yeah..." You whispered with a smile.
"Go on, go see the prince. We'll catch up on getting to know each other again some other time!" Celica says pushing you out of the room.
"Heh, alright alright." You laughed as you held the gift given to you in your hands.

'Thanks, Alfonse, you've managed to make this day feel so special...I'm glad my feelings are mutual...so hold on a minute I want to confess to you the right way as well.' You thought.