HQ!! X Reader {~Iwaizumi Hajime x Reader~}

{~Speaking Up~}

Wow.

That was the first word that popped into the head of Aobajousai Volleyball Club Vice Captain.

There happened to be a newly transferred girl that was entering the school midway to finish her third year, and although it felt weird, she had no choice because she moved houses from one prefecture to the other and there was no way she could travel to reach her old school in time. What more, she was transferring into his class as well.

The girl was extremely beautiful, making Iwaizumi flush a slight red upon her greeting.

Her long silky [colour] hair that ran down to her [hair length], her [colour] eyes, her ever smiling face. They burned into his brain.

She lifted up a sketchbook when the teacher told her to introduce herself.

[Hello, I'm [Full Name]. A pleasure to meet you all. I'm very sorry I can't speak, since I am a mute. I apologise for the inconvenience but I do hope we get along!]

The class was silent for a while, but soon turned loud as they bombarded the girl with questions. Some were touched by her honesty, while others didn't mind since she was very pretty. Some were just genuinely curious.

Iwaizumi froze as he stared at the girl.

Had he fallen for her so quickly?

Since it wasn't like him, he immediately forced himself to look away, but as all animes will prove wrong, the teacher told the girl to seat near to him. The [colour] haired girl flashed a sincere and thankful smile to the teacher, dazzling the latter for a bit before she gracefully made her way near his seat and sat down quietly. Hooking her bag to the side, she arranged her things neatly on the table and then faced Iwaizumi.

[Hello]

You wrote on your notepad.

[You know my name, I'm [Full Name]. Who may you be?]

He looked at your smiling face and muttered.

'Iwaizumi Hajime.'

[What a lovely name]

You scribbled hastily. You then presented him with your notepad once more.

[Let's get along. You look really dependable, Iwaizumi-San]

He flushed red at your writing and was left speechless. You gave him a soft smile and laughed, silently. Yet, to him, it was the most beautiful thing he had heard and seen.

Head still fresh with your face and gentle behaviour, he made his way after school to his club. He had a look of complete and utter unawareness as he slid open the door to the gym.

'Uwah!!!'
'Really?!'
'WOO!!'

Iwaizumi directed his head to the group of people standing and crowding around a girl. The girl seemed a big uncomfortable, but nonetheless still smiling brightly.

She held up a sketchbook.

[Hello! I'll be coming here as a manager to since I'm a huge volleyball enthusiast. I'm [Full Name], a pleasure to meet you!]

'[Surname]?'
'That's really neat sounding!'

Iwaizumi paused.

'[Surname]-San?'

Oikawa grinned,'Yo! Iwa-chan!! Meet [Surname]-chan!'

You then turned to face Iwaizumi.

[Ah? Iwaizumi-San?]

Oikawa read off the paper,'Eh? You know Iwa-chan?' Iwaizumi sighed,'She's in my class. She transferred to Aobajousai recently after she moved from Saitama to Miyagi.'

[Indeed. Thank you Iwaizumi-San.]

He swallowed hard.

Maybe he had really fallen hard for the mute girl.

Everyday became a pain. He would try his best to avoid you in order to hide his feelings. He felt that he had no chance against such a angel like you. You were gentle, kind and adorable. Sure, you may be mute, but that didn't get in the way of your daily life.

He often pondered if he should confess and let go of you once you rejected his confession.

But it sounded too painful.

'Alright!'
'Cover!'
'Iwaizumi!'

Iwaizumi's body responded to the call, almost on instinct. His body ran forth, one leg after the other and then springing up, overcoming inertia. Once gaining enough altitude, his right hand swings forth.

*BAM*

He lands; gracefully. His eyes scan to check if the ball had landed inside the court.

It did.

'WOO!'
'IWAIZUMI!'
'YAY!'

They high fived each other, grateful for the win as it meant that second years would be cleaning up.

Iwaizumi walked off, cleaning his sweat with a towel. Upon taking a seat, something interrupted his field of vision.

A water bottle.

He looks up, a bit hesitant.

You smiled lovingly at him, indicating for him to read your notepad.

His eyes shifted and landed on your ever neat and concise writing.

[Have a bottle of water. Great win by the way! But... Can I ask something?]

He swallows once more,'Sure.'

You nodded and flipped the page around after giving him the bottle.

[Umm, do you hate me? You have been avoiding me for a while now. I know I'm disabled and probably will be a burden to others with my lack of speech, but they can do so all they want because it's been like that all the time. But you... You're the one person I want to be selfish with. So please, tell me if you hate me.]

Iwaizumi's eyes widened upon reading the passage. He looked up into your eyes, realising how pained and confused you were.

'God damn it.' He seethed.

You paused, slightly stunned. Whatever happened next was too fast for you to process. A strong grip pulled you close and soon your cheek was rested comfortably on his chest as you wrapped your arms around his neck and his around your waist.

'Never ever think that [Name].' He whispers into your ear,'You're the most lovely person I ever met. Don't downgrade yourself.'

You blushed red, smiling happily.

Pulling away, you mouthed.

[I love you.]

He smiled, mouthing back.

[I love you too.]

Touching both your foreheads close, a peaceful silence assumed.

While it lasted though...

'IWA-CHAN!'
'ASSKAWA!'

[Name] chuckled silently upon watching her new boyfriend beat the living daylights out of his friend.