"I am sorry doll" he promises her.

She hugs Leo for a moment. Letting the hurt subside in her.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Thanks Leo" she says softly. She rarely showed this side of her to just anyone. Leo was the many few whom got to see it.

"Let's go pretty" he tells her cheerfully.

"Where did you make reservations for us at?" she wonders.

"That new sushi bar in town. I heard it is really good" Leo tells her.

"I have been wanting to go there. Good job" she giggles.

"Are you going to lunch Miss. Harris?" asks Milton as he follows them to the elevator door.

"Yes, make sure you don't burn the place down while I gone" she jokes.

"I will do a great job. You will see Miss. Harris" Milton vows.

"I am sure you will" Violet replies as she and Leo head in the elevator together.

"So he has not tried to get in touch with you has he?" Violet cannot help but ask Leo.

"No doll. I am sorry. I had not heard from him since the party. Maybe he was busy? Or maybe something bad happened to where he could not call you" says Leo hopefully.

"Forget it" she sighs as she places her shades on her face.

They head out to the limo that was waiting for them. Leo opens the door for her to get inside. Then he hands her a drink once they are inside.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"This should do the trick" she jokes as she sips her drink. Leo smiles.

"You know there is some amazing man out there waiting for you. Maybe not that jerk. But some place Mr. Right is waiting for you" says Leo.

"I gave up on Mr. Right along time ago. Don't worry about me" she says. She gave up on love back when she was a teen girl. She made the mistake of giving her heart away at a young age. She was burned and never forgot the sting.

She was about sixteen years old. She was going to be heading to college. She and her boyfriend Benson had been going steady. She never had dated anyone else. They were so serious with each other that they talked about going to college together. And getting married afterward. Bensons family was very good friends with her own.

His father was her father's best friend. She got along well with his family. He was one year older that her. He started college before she had.

She went up to surprise visit him at the college to see if she wanted to go there as well. She caught him in bed with another woman. She never forgave him. That was it. She never let anyone else get close to her again. She never would.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Doll you know you want love one day. Wait and see. Love will walk in" Leo pep talks her as he always had.

"Don't worry about it. I am not" she laughs. She helps herself to a second drink. They come up to the restaurant.

"Come on doll. I am starving" Leo tells her as they are soon let out of the limo. Leo offers her his arm like a gentlemen would. He walks her into the place. Curious stares head their way.

"Hello Leo. Miss. Harris. Your table is ready" they greet them right away once they were in there. They walk to their table.

"Thank-you" Violet replies to the waiter whom had helped seat her.

"Here are your menus. What would you like to start out with to drink?" he questions Violet.

"I would like an ice water with a lemon wedge please" says Violet.

"Light beer for me please" says Leo.

"Coming right up. Our specials are on the front here. And on the back page here" the waiter shows them before he walks away.

"Well this place is sure nice huh?" Leo asks Violet. Something happens to catch her eye from across the room. ASHTON. He was there. Over sitting with a pretty little lady with brown curly hair. Younger than she was from the looks of things. Violet felt humiliation sink in. Then anger fumed inside of her.

"What is it doll? Do that have spots on the sliver wear?" wonders Leo. He looks where she is looking. He sees Ashton with the lady to.

"Oh doll. I am sorry. Look away" Leo demands to her as he takes her hand in his.

"That jerk" she mumbles. She was going to handle this. See if he would one night stand her up would he! She stands up from her table.

"Vi? Vi what are you going to do? Vi don't do it! Babe! Doll!" Leo calls to her. But she is not listing as she walks over to Ashton's table.

"Violet! Hi! What a surprise to see you here" stammers Ashton.

"So I see why you were to busy to call me" she says as she gives the lady he was with an evil once over glare.

"I thought we were only having one night together? Correct? Nothing more, nothing less?" asks Ashton as he places his napkin in his lap. Her face grows red.

"That is not the point" she stammers.

"Ash? Who is this?" asks the girl.

"Your worst nightmare. Well his. If I were you, I would stay away from this CAD of a man" she snaps at the girl.

"Stay away from my cousin? Ashton what did you do now?" giggles the girl. Now she was humiliated. She over reacted in a public place. In front of Ashton. In front of his family! She went to walk away. Ashton stops her by grabbing hand.

"Well if you want more than one night that would be fine by me" chuckles Ashton looking pleased by her reaction to the situation.

"Maybe you need to cool things down?" she asks him.

She takes his water glass and dumps it down his shirt. That would teach him for not calling her the day after. She walks away as she does she hears his cousin laughing at him. She smiles feeling a bit better now.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|