Sleepless nights

It was midnight as phe and Kai laid in bed the sound of a clock ticking being the only thing heard, everything was still until the sound of phe jolting up with a gasp filled the room, "shit!" She hissed as she looked at the peaceful kai a smile forming on the Brunets lips.
She had woken up from a nightmare the same one every night of kai, her beloved, dying over and over and over again. "it's not real phe" she hissed to herself walking to the bathroom, "the game is over it's done". She looked at herself in the mirror taking note at how tired she looked as she ran her sweaty hands down her face. Phe hadn't been sleeping well she had always waken up from the same dream she didn't tell kai about them in fear kai would feel guilty so she suffered with the ever growing eye bags.
Phe was about to leave soon pausing as she saw kais small cute face peek through the doorframe, "babe" kai said with a mumble, "why are you up? You said you were going to bed right after me" phe felt the smaller individual wrap their arms around her, "I....I did I just- it's nothing" phe said a small smile on her lips forming. Kai looked at the tall girl she called her own and tiredly hit her, "tell me the truth" she said muffled cause of her face pressed into phes chest, "what no really I just- it was a nightmare" phe said as drowsiness laced her voice. Phe could feel the nodding of kais head soon the voice that she loved to hear speaking up, "why didn't you wake me up?" Phe looked down as guilt pinged her chest, "I didn't want to bother" she said with a dull laugh, "don't say that you know I don't care if you wake me up" Kai said with annoyance as she looked at phe her expression growing into a soft one, "you look tired let's go to-" she was cut off by phe shaking her head, "no just....I haven't been sleeping for a while I just- the game i-" she stood there wrapping her arms around herself, "you dying and the game just keeps replaying" she said looking at Kai.
Kai stood there the awkwardness starting to grow in the room, a minute passed by of them staying nothing until kais soft sobs filled the room, "kai..." phe mumbled as she walked up to the smaller individual, "I'm so sorry you're stuck with me" kai whimpered out as phe picked her up, "I'm the reason you cant sleep IM the reason everyone had to suffer" kai said clutching onto the tank top phe was wearing, "why are you even with me" she huffed causing phe to look at her quickly, "because I love you! If I hated you for the things you've done would we be living together!?" Phe looked at Kai as hertone got serious, "but-" kai was silenced as phes lips pressed onto hers a feeling of comfort sweeping over the two as they melted into the sweet yet short kiss. Phe pulled out for air as kai touched her lips shocked at what had happened, "I'd love to escalate this whole kiss thing but I have training tomorrow" phe said walking them both in the room kai not saying anything, "oh come on am I that bad of a kisser" phe said laying down looking at Kai with a pout, "what no! You just surprised me.." kai said laying down beside her and closing their eyes.

The room went silent as the two lovers fell asleep cradled in each other's arms the only thing being heard was kai softly whispering, "I love you"