Ch 11 - Movie and a Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Do people like me drive you insane?" He asks. I blink as I try to process what he said.

"I don't know, I'll have to get to know them first," I say and he grins. I take a random receipt out of my wallet, rip a bit off, and write my name and number on it.

"Well, thank you… Hayden," he reads the note and smiles.

"Haydie! I need help carrying the nachos!" The Doctor yells and I groan.

"Enjoy the movie!" Brad yells as I walk away. I give him a thumbs up.

"Doctor why did you- WHAT THE HELL?!" I yell as I see all the candy he bought laying on the counter.

"What? I couldn't decide which ones to get," he says innocently.

"SO YOU BOUGHT AT LEAST ONE OF EVERYTHING?"

"They all looked so good."

"YOU BOUGHT FIVE PACKAGES OF TWIZZLERS AND TEN PACKAGES OF SOUR PATCH KIDS!"

I hear Brad laugh in the background.

"I really like those candies," he says. I stare at him in bewilderment.

"Here's your popcorn, sir," the vendor interrupts. The Doctor grins as he grabs the jumbo bucket of popcorn.

"What am I going to do with you?" I groan.

"You're stuck with me, remember?" He winks and I roll my eyes. "Okay, stuff some candy in your emergency purse and on top of the popcorn. I'll carry the rest and you can carry the nachos and jumbo bucket." I do what he says as he tries to carry as much candy as he can. "Let's go!" He runs towards the theaters, dropping candy on the way.

"Doctor, you're making a mess!" I sigh as I pick up a package of gummy worms.

"Theater five!" He yells and runs down a hall. "Wrong way!" He says as he turns around. I follow him and shake my head.

"Where do you want to sit?" He asks me when I catch up to him.

"In the back. Like, the way back," I instruct and he nods.

"Middle or aisle seats?"

"Middle."

"Let's go then," he opens the door for me and I sigh.

"Chivalry," I mutter and walk into the theater.

There are only a few people here and there, so the movie must've come out a while ago. We find some empty seats per my description and sit, but the Doctor abruptly stands right back up again.

"I forgot drinks!" He gasps and throws all the candy to the floor.

"We already have enough stuff-"

"Yeah, but with all this food, you're bound to get thirsty," he counters and I face palm.

"That's not exactly my fault," I grumble but he's already leaving. "Mountain Dew please!"

"Got it!" He says and leaves the theater.

I take the ring box out of my jacket and inspect it again. I open the box and notice there's a note on the inside of the lid.

From all the love in the universe … … … D

Why the hell did he send this to me?

I study the ring. The diamond is pretty big, looks more like a I'm sorry I cheated on you so let me spend money on you to make you feel better ring than an engagement ring. I slip it on my finger, but quickly take it off and put it back in the box. Just looking at it makes me feel queesy.