Signs and Surprises

It was a fine Sunday morning. Bea and Thirdy are still on their bed. Thirdy is hugging Bea and the latter is just enjoying listening to her husband's heartbeat. They are still naked under the sheets as they had made love countless times the night before.

This is the kind of mornings they always have kapag wala silang schedule na mag-asawa. Even so, they still find time to spend with each other kahit na parehas silang busy.

Thirdy is busy as a basketball player with all the training and games. Idagdag mo pa 'yung other commitments. On the other hand, Bea is busy working sa company ng family niya. She knows her Dad is not getting any younger, so she and her Kuya really need to step up. Of course, they wouldn't want the hard work of their father to just go down the drain dahil lang sa walang magma-manage ng negosyo.

"Love, I will miss you talaga. One week din 'yun." Bea said pouting while looking at Thirdy.

Thirdy just looked at his wife and rubbed her bare back. He noticed that Bea is very clingy these days. He was surprised nga na si Bea ang nangalabit kagabi because it rarely happens. In more than two years that they were married, mabibilang mo lang sa mga dalliri 'yung mga times na nangangalabit si Bea, so he seized the moment.

"I'll miss you, too, Isabel. Isipin mo na lang na the things that we are doing are for the future Fourth or Isabella naman." He said.

Well, Thirdy is leaving her for a while to attend to some commitments of his team. Inimbitahan kasi sila to go to Spain and participate in a charity cause there. Being the captain of the team, he really needs to be there.

Most of the time, Bea goes with him whenever he has out of the country engagements. But she can't this time because she also had to go to a conference which will be for three days.

"Wala pa naman, Love. Pero sana soon." Bea said.

They are not rushing things. They actually planned things na after one year of being married na magkaroon ng baby. But, it got extended to two years. Okay na din for them, at least they get to enjoy the married life na wala pa munang baby. But now, they are hoping that it will soon come.

"Tara na ulit, Love. Let's make sure na meron na." Thirdy said while tickling Bea under the sheets.

"Wait, Thirds! Tama na muna. We have to pack some of your things pa. Sabi ko naman kasi sa'yo last time ayusin na natin." Bea said, which made Thirdy pout and look at her with pleading eyes, kaso hindi na naman sya umubra as Bea sat down and began fixing her hair into a bun. After that, he began to gather the clothes they just threw wherever last night.

°°°°°

The couple are now arranging Thirdy's things, so it could fit in his luggage. Alam kasi ni Bea na pag ang asawa nya ang nagligpit ng gamit, for sure, he will need to bring three bags and, for sure, it won't be organized well.

After carefully putting her husband's things inside his bags, Bea went to the kitchen to prepare their lunch. This will be their last lunch together before Thirdy heads to the airport. The flight kasi will be at 6:00 PM, so he will just have his dinner with his teammates sa plane.

When Bea finished cooking, Thirdy prepared the table and they sat right across each other. When they are finally settled, Thirdy began putting food on Bea's plate before putting food on his. And gestures like this made the woman fall even more for her husband.

She did not notice her eyes began to water while looking at Thirdy. She was just thinking how blessed she is to have married this man. The man she loved for a long time since they were still, as they always say, "good friends."

"Isabel, are you crying?" Thirdy asked when she noticed that the eyes of his wife is turning glassy. He was alarmed, so he immediately stood up and went to Bea's side.