Telling Ralph

It was 3 in the afternoon and I really didn't feel like getting out of bed. Someone was banging on the door. I heard them screaming my name. It sounded a lot like Ralph. "Hold on I'm coming." I yelled as I searched for a big t-shirt to put on.

       Finally I trudged to the door. I opened the door and there was Ralph standing there with a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate. "Hey baby, I called and you having been answering so I got worried." He said eyes full of compassion. His eyes always put a soft spot in my heart so I let him in.

        Surprisingly instead of kissing me he embarrassed me with a hug. He kissed my forehead and sat me down on the couch. He held my chin in his hands. " Baby you can tell me anything." I promise to help you. I actually believed him.

         I started crying and ran to my room. I yelled at Ralph to stay and he did. I walked slowly into the room and picked up the pregnancy test. I walked extremely slow back to the den. Ralph paid me no attention. He didn't know the test was in his lap. It was wrapped in tissue. "What's this?" He asked confused. " I'm pregnant." I said bluntly. He unwrapped the paper and saw the plus sign. His eyed widened like a deer in headlights.

    "I have to go.... " he trailed of. "Bu-" I couldn't finish he had closed the door. That went well. Crazy how he said he would stand by me.....he's such a liar.