Love poems - Part 2 //Gilbert//

Start from the beginning

Gilbert can feel Yn's eyes widen, even though he can't see her.

"University of Toronto? wow..."

She turns around, and they lock eyes.

"There's no more bread," Yn then says and looks at Delly. " Or flour, and you are also low on salt and sugar. I'm going to town after breakfast, I think."

"Let me give you a ride!" Gilbert quickly answers.

She doesn't reply, only gives him one single nod. She serves all 3 of them breakfast, where she only pays attention to Delphine.

Sometimes Gilbert would find himself looking at Yn, then instantly look away again.

"Are you finished?" She asks Gilbert.

"Yes, thank you. It was delicious." He smiles at her.

Yn gives him a tiny smile before taking his plate and begin on the dishes.

Gilbert goes into his room and takes the papers out of his pocket. He places them in the drawer.

"I'm ready," Yn says as she enters his room with Delly on her arm.

"Great, Let's go," he responds. Yn gives Delphine her toy-bear; meanwhile, Gilbert puts on his overcoat and hat.

The first 5 minutes of the ride is quiet before Gilbert breaks the silence.

"I didn't know you had four siblings," He keeps his eyes on the road.

"And three older ones," She tightens her grasp on Delphine.

"Oh," Gilbert says. He has always been an only child, so the fact Yn has seven siblings shocks him.

"Yeah, I don't think my parents know what the meaning of "Taking it easy." is. "

Yn begins giggling, and so does Gilbert.

"How old are your siblings?" He asks.

"Albert is 20, Fred is 18, Arthur is 17, I'm 16, Walter and Harry are 12, Thomas is 9, and Edward is 5." Yn smiles.

"So, you are the only girl?"

"And my Pa's little sweetheart," she adds.

Before any of them can say anything else, they are in front of the mercantile store.

They both walk in and goes to the cashier.

"Hi, can I get 3 pounds of flour?" She asks the middle-aged man standing in front of her. "And a pound of sugar and salt each?"

The cashier looks at both of them up and down. It's clear to see that it's mot every day he sees a young, unmarried couple coming in with a brown toddler.

"Of course," He replies with a cold tone in his husky voice. "That will be a dollar."

Yn takes her pouch and begins searching for money, but Gilbert has already given the cashier a dollar. She sends Gilbert a small smile, before grabbing the groceries and heading out.

"You didn't have to do that," she states when they get up on the wagon again.

"You shouldn't use your money on something that's going into Bash's and Is food." Gilbert glance at her.

The rest of the day, they didn't say much to each other.

While Yn is peeling the potatoes, Gilbert approaches her.

"Can I ask you something?"

Yn turns around, and Gilbert notices something in her face has changed from earlier that day. She has the same expression on her face as she did when she arrived.

"Yes," She answers. "What do you want to know?"

"Why didn't you come to school after what happened that day... You know?" He tries to look her deep in the eyes, but she stares down at her shoes.

"It's a long story," She turns around and carefully tosses the potato in the water.

"It's not because I embarrassed you that much, is it?"

"No,"

"Then why didn't you show up for the finals, but yet you can show up here playing housewife?"

"I'm not playing Housewife at all."

"Really? Are you sure you don't imagine us married and Delphine as our child?"

"Gilbert, Stop."

"Because those love letters sure made it look like this is how you want us to be."

Yn turns around. Her eyes are beaming with anger.

"I'm not here because I was in love with you," She tries to sound calm, but her voice cracks. "I'm over you, believe it or not."

"Oh, really?" he asks in disbelief.

"Yes-"

She can't finish her sentence before Gilbert's lips crash into hers. They both close their eyes and let the feeling of each other's lips overcome them.

When Gilbert pulls away, Yn immediately slaps him across his cheek.

"Stop kissing me whenever you want to prove something!" She yells.

"Don't pretend you didn't like it," Gilbert defenses and lightly touches his face.

"Just stop talking to me!" She shouts. "Please!"

He turns around without another word. Yn dries of a tear falling from her left eye with the back of her hand.

Gilbert didn't come out to join them for dinner that evening, so Yn made him a plate and placed it outside his door if he got hungry throughout the nightfall.

Gilbert is lying in his bed, clutching on to one piece of paper out of many. His fingers lightly trace the ink written on it. He holds it down on his chest before slowly drifting off to the memory regarding the feeling of Yn's soft lips.

He's out on a night walk to clear his head. That's where he sees her. Down at the lake. Her hair is entirely down, and The moonlight is just powerful enough so that he could see her naked, delicate figure. He comes closer, and that is where he sees she's crying.

"Gilbert?"

Does anybody want a part 3? 

If you do, be sure to comment and vote, so I know<3