Married by love //Gilbert//

Edit: I just scanned through this book and the ending of this chapter wasn't there, but it is on the computer. is my phone just fucking up or can you guys also only read to "I'm sorry"?

"It's fascinating," Gilbert explains towards his girlfriend, Yn, while she's making dinner. 

Her parents are out of town, so she invited Gilbert over for supper, and maybe if he wants to he can stay the night with her. "And the studies have shown that it can help cure diseases like tuberculosis."

"uhu," Yn nods with her back towards him.

"What do you think about it?" he asks. "The new medicine?"

"Uhu," she replies again and cuts a carrot in half. Yn carelessly tosses it over in the pot of boiling water with the potatoes and peas.

"Are you alright, darling?" Gilbert stands and walks over to her. "You seem a little distracted..."
"What?" She looks up from the table.

"What on your mind, Yn?" Gilbert stands beside her.

Her hands are shaking, and when he touches her arms, the knife in her hands falls to the cutting board. With her face in her hands, she begins sobbing hysterically.

"Angel," Gilbert turns her around and removes her fingers from her face. She looks at the ground, not even glancing at him. "Talk to me." He whispers.

"I'm sorry," Yn's voice breaks, and she falls to the ground. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen-"

"For what to happen? Yn, what's the matter?" He wipes away a tear from her face, but they keep coming.

"I...I'm..." She stutters while looking down at her garment.

"You're what, Love?!"

"I'm pregnant!" she yells.

The color drains from Gilbert's face. His jaw is clenched, yet his mouth is wide agape. The stream of tears that floats out of Yn's eyes becomes heavier.

"I'm sorry..." she whispers. Her heart is racing in her chest, as Yn makes eye contact with Gilbert. 

"It's all my fault..."

Thoughtfully he caresses her cheek. "Yn, don't ever say that something like this is your fault!" His tone is stern, though also affectionate. "What we did that night, was a mutual choice... We are gonna figure it all out."

"But we aren't married, Gil! We shouldn't even have done it before we at least were engaged! What will my parents say? We're 18, and you're studying medicine! There's no money for a wedding and a house and a child!" Yn's voice is loud and strident. Gilbert takes her hands in his, leaving a tender kiss on the back of her silky hand.

"Marry me." He says. It isn't a question, but a statement.

"I don't want you to marry me, out of shame," She declares bluntly and stands. She looks at Gilbert with a firm look in her eyes.

Gently he pulls her in, so her face is pressed against his chest, and his hand is on her stomach.

" Yn, I'm not asking you to marry me, because you are carrying my child," She can feel his hot breath on her forehead. "I'm asking you because I love you. I've wanted to marry you ever since I first laid my eyes on you. And I don't ever want you to think that I'm ashamed of you and our baby." His eyes are shining with glee and a wide smile is on his lips. "I love you, Yn, and our baby. And I promise you, I will never, never neglect or stop loving you.                                                              So, Y/f/n, will you make me the happiest man alive and do me the honor of becoming my wife, that I will treasure forever till the day I take my last breath?"

A tear roll down Yn's cheek and onto the floor. But this time instead of tears of sorrow it's a tear of joy.

Unable to speak she nods. Yn throws her arms around Gilbert, who picks her up. 

She doesn't say much. But words aren't needed. They know they love each other, and that they love the child growing inside her, and if that isn't enough to live off of for the rest of one's life, then what is?

Did yall miss me? I wrote the ending in my danish class, but I actually, really like this one:)

Take care<3