Hunted {Chris Evans x Reader}

Beginne am Anfang

The trip over was filled with delays up the ass and nothing but five below freezing with a side order of storm clouds with little to no sunlight shining through making my day a perfect disaster already. As soon as I arrived off of the plane in Stockholm, Wisconsin where I quickly received my luggage from baggage claim then was escorted by the deputy of the River Falls police department into a 2019 black Chevy SUV while being briefed on the case I was working on.

"Alright Deputy, tell me what you know." I demanded seriously while looking out of the frosted window and hugging my coat closer to me. "Well Detective, we really don't have much more than what was shared in the file you received. We got a call from farmer Jenkins of Mayberry farms that one of his older silos had collapsed in the middle of the night and the next morning he went out to check the damages and that's when he found the bodies.." The nervous cop described as I scribbled down some in my notebook, completely unfazed by his story "How bodies were found and or moved? Because I just know there was some wiseass who moved a few of them." I mumbled annoyed while I looked up at him. His figure seemed tense while the slightest bit of sweat could be seen on the corner of his temple running down the side of his face. It wasn't that warm in the damn car.. his vision moved from the road to glance at the radio clock as to see how long we'd been having this conversation and his pupils dilated like he was staring his mother in the eyes after lying straight to her face. He was guilty of something..

I simply smirked as I scoffed "Dear god, they'll truly let any ole idiot into this line of work won't they? I hate cops." I mumbled bitterly knowing right away he was the one to discover the crime scene first and screw with it.

Once arriving at the farm I was the first out of the car, opening the door and stepping down into a fresh pile of mud mixed with the slush of snow "Perfect.." I groaned before slamming the car door and walking over to one of the other detectives on the case I had worked with before. "Get the deputy finger printed stat and I need a run down pronto." I said as I sighed and pulled on black rubber gloves to investigate. My colleague, Richard smirked "Nice to see you too (Y/l/n). What's it been three years now?" I glared at him with cold eyes "Richard, I have no time for tea parties and happy memories. I'm cold, irritated, and tired so I'd like to get this show on the road yeah?" I snapped making him nod immediately and clear his throat. I had the gift of being an intimating hard ass, what can I say?

*Graphic Warning*

Richard then walked with me over to the crime scene, holding up the caution tape as we stepped closer to the crumbled pile of silo that lay in the snow and mud. As I looked around at the little red flags and numbers specifying the evidence of the scene Richard began to explain "Following up the report from Jenkins after Deputy Hammond was called out he stumbled upon our first vic seventeen year old Debbie Carmichael, she has been missing for nine months and is pretty much just bone now, second is twenty one year old Jason Davis who has been missing for over a year and was presumably the first vic to be stashed here, and third is thirteen year old Amanda Lynn who was reported missing two weeks ago but she's unrecognizable due to the rubble from the silo." I listened intently while looking over everything that jumped out at me, smell, color, feel. It smelled of dusty cement and ammonia, describing traces of blood in the air. The aroma of cow shit mixing with it wasn't any better but at this point I was so used to many a vile smell so it didn't bother me much. "Any other witnesses or suspects?" I asked him sternly "Nope, just Jenkins and Deputy Hammond" He answered as he watched me curiously.

Taking a few steps around I looked over what remained of the bodies, no flesh still on them except for Amanda. Turning my head to the side I bent down and seen something under the body of the young girl, carefully moving her to the side I seen what looked to be the burnt remains of a home-made bomb. Looking over it I noticed it was made out of an old alarm clock and right on the screen was a dirty finger print. Standing up I took the bomb over to Richard, looking him dead in the eyes "Finger print Hammond and don't let anyone else touch this. He's your guy." I said undoubtfully making Richard nod "Understood." He answered before rushing off to test everything.

*End of Graphic content*

As I walked away pasted the trembling Deputy I received a call from Aaron Styles, someone I attended the academy with back in my early days. I stepped away to answer the phone with a sigh "Aaron Styles, son of a bitch you're not dead yet?" Aaron chuckled "(Y/l/n). Still as grumpy as ever I hear." I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temples "What can I help you with?" I asked annoyed with the whole conversation. "I have a job for you" I perked up slightly as I looked down to my feet "How's the pay?" Aaron sighed "You're gonna hate me..." I rolled my eyes "Look Aaron if you were trying to waste my time you succeeded, now I have big girl things to worry about.." I was then interrupted by the Chief "(Y/l/n). We need your help on a case, It might seem like a waist of your time but you have no choice. You're director already agreed that you're the best for the job and your flight leaves in two hours." I rolled my eyes and groaned "Where. Who died. And how long?" I mumbled angered. "Home, for as long as I say, and no one is dead yet..." I glared "Chief I'm a homicide detective not a rescue dog!" The Chief was quiet for a moment "(Y/n).. It's Evans" I froze....I hadn't heard that name in a long time.

"I'll be there as soon as I can" I said a bit lighter in tone as I started to walk back to the car to get on yet another long ass plane ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person Pov:

By eleven o'clock that night (Y/n) was walking into the station rather quickly with a tense stare so no one would stop her to chat. Boston was her home and her dear friend whom she hadn't seen in years was now in some form of danger, she was angry. Walking into the room where the Chief told her to meet them she looked up as the door opened and seen Chris, he was an absolute mess and her heart melted at the sight of him but her facial expression didn't change "Sorry I'm late, flight got delaid." She said while walking into the room and shutting the door behind her.

Sitting down she slipped her coat off of her arms and laid it on the back of her chair before the Chief began. "Mr. Evans here has aquirred himself a stalker, one who apprantly will stop at nothing to have him." He explained while slidding copies of the letters over for (y/n) to read. As she did Chris nervously fiddled with the braclet on his arm, his knee bouncing quickly as he tried his best to keep calm while watching the female read over each letter carefully. Her brow furrowed as her eyes darted from scentence to scentence, sighing as the graphic details contiued to get worse and around the parts about his parents whom she thought of dearly of she looked away and rubbed her temples in frustration. "When did the letters start?" She asked not looking up to Chris just yet. Chris cleared his throat softly and rubbed his forehead clearing it from the light shean of sweat on his brow. "About two weeks ago, I uh didn't mean to wait this long before coming in but I didn't realize how serious it all was until I got that last one.."

(Y/n) nodded as she looked up at him "Well I can understand your hesitation Mr Evans but this is a very serious matter, something like this should've been addressed earlier than the first letter you received." She said trying her best to not sound as hateful as she usually did, afterall this was her childhood friend who she grew up with. "He's very aware of that (Y/l/n), but he's here now and we are going to do all we can to make sure we stop this from happening again." The cheif said as he looked to the detective "Which is exactly why I've put you on the case to be Mr Evans personal protection and main investigator in charge of tracking down this freak." (Y/n)'s eyes widened as she looked between Chris and the Cheif, knowing she had no choice she nodded "I'll do what I can."

~To be continued~