"Make sure that Elijah doesn't die?" Hayley said, but her tone was more of a question. 

"Oh he'll be fine. Klaus' bite isn't deadly to him, but it gives him all the effects that a werewolf bite gives to regular vampires," she assured the brunette. Hayley nodded and went back to her chair as Amelia moved to take a wet washcloth and run it over Elijah's forehead. Hayley stopped her, took it from her hand, and then proceeded to do it herself. Amelia rolled her eyes and smirked, there was definitely something between the two, she was sure of it. Another thing she was sure of was that it was going to be a long day.

***

Amelia sat in the corner after Hayley told her to, the latter currently holding Elijah's head in her lap trying to comfort him. Eliah shivered and groaned in pain before speaking. 

"Hayley, please. This fever. My mind is flooded with these torturous memories. You have to leave."

"What is your deal? You don't like people taking care of you?" Hayley asks. 

"There are consequences for those that care. I will not have you pay that price," Elijah said determined to get her to leave.

"So, you're having weird, retro sex dreams? Get over it, I'm staying," Hayley said. Amelia raised her eyebrows at that comment. She was wishing that she could see his visions before, but now she was glad she couldn't. Elijah having sex was not something that her eyes needed to see. 

"What about our visitor? What does she want?" Amelia asked, breaking the tension between the two. Both of them look over to her. 

"I'm guessing she's the one that left the mystery Bible on the doorstep last night. Would be nice if she'd stick around long enough to tell me why," Hayley said. 

"Hayley, you came here to gather an information about your family, not to play nursemaid to a vampire with a temperature. Please, find her. Learn what you can. And Amelia, for heaven's sake, go be with my brother," Elijah said. Amelia's rolled her eyes.

"No, I'm staying," Hayley said. 

"As am I. Elijah there is nothing going on between me and Nik, so no I will not go and be with him," Amelia informed the man. Hayley shot her a questioning look, but returned her attention to Elijah when Amelia shook her head.

***

Klaus enters the courtyard of the compound to find Marcel standing and waiting for him.

"Klaus," Marcel greets dryly. 

"You've been avoiding my calls," Klaus observes.

"Little pissed off lately," Marcel explains. 

"Apologies for my behavior can come later. You have something of mine. I want it back." Marcel pulls out the silver dagger and holds it up.

"Sorry, but I can't do that," Marcel denied. He instead holds out the dagger to his side, and Rebekah enters the courtyard and takes it from him. Klaus looks both unamused and suspicious.

"What is this?" Klaus demands. 

"Apologies for your behavior? You don't apologize, Nik. You just act. I've had enough. We have had enough," Rebekah tells him defiantly. 

"Look at you. Finally in possession of the one thing that can take you down. How does it feel?" Klaus asked smirking. 

"Great," Rebekah answered honestly. Marcel whistles, and a dozen or two vampires come out of the woodwork and fill the balconies.

"So this is it? The evil bastard Klaus has gone too far, must be punished. And by his own sibling, nonetheless. How positively biblical. And you, Marcel, is this--" he points at the vampires "-- your idea of a hit? I taught you better than this paltry excuse for a take-down. Do you think you can subdue me with this!?"