I admire the restaurant as we sat down, it was modern but like still had that old luxury castle feel or something. The place was definitely packed and we weren't the only ones here for homecoming.

"We look hot as fuck, we win best dressed and best group pics." Vic chuckles before drinking the water she had ordered.

"This is my first homecoming." Alexia states, "I never had dates and I didn't want to go alone or with friends so I stayed home. I did go to sadies last year though."

"Bruh last year my sadies went hard, literally." I reply with a giggle and everyone rolls their eyes at me but I hear Alexia hold in a laugh.

———

Arriving at the dance a little late but not like we missed any good songs, we basically came on time. Everyone is like 30 minutes late so we aren't special. Mattia grabs my hand and we go give our tickets so we can go in.

The food/drink table was put in the entrance of the gym but like the room between outside and the gym. The whole gang walks inside it's already a little packed but I do expect more.

We dance for probably 15 minutes before we want to take a small break and grab water or something. Mattia held me in a back hugs as we just stood around relaxing, and not gonna lie I got butterflies. You could even hear Alexia say, "oooo" quietly.

"We doing all the Cupid shuffles and dances like that, I don't care." I state with a chuckle, I don't think anyone hates those dances it's pretty much childhood.

Alejandro and Vic catch up with us, either they were smooching or just didn't notice we had left. But from the looks of it, no one kissed. Poor Roshaun and Alvaro left us and started hanging out with other people because they were kind of 7th wheeling.

After chilling there for a few Mattia and I walk back into the dance because we got bored. They start playing some song I don't recognize, but most people didn't either, dancing slowed and became just a sway.

"You having fun?" Mattia asks loudly over the music so I could hear him as we move a little to the music. A couple at the table near to us making out, 

"Yeah i guess, I'm waiting for Cupid shuffle though. What about you?" I question back with a small chuckle moving more into the middle of the gym so we didn't have to see people fucking on the tables.

"Watch we missed it when we were 15 minutes late." Mattia jokes as a better song comes on and I scream the lyrics like I'm at a concert.

"I forgot how boring these things were besides when you're whoring with your girl friends." I groan as we dance

"That's cap, earlier you said homecoming last year was hype or some and you had an actual date." Mattia states folding his arms calling me out.

"You don't want to know the reason it was actually hype." I chuckle covering my face, Mattia rolling his eyes at my response.

They always gotta stick in a slow song somewhere during the dance. Mattia and I kind just awkwardly start swaying, slowly getting more comfortable I put my head on his shoulder/chest area. I was only a little bit shorter then him, and I was the same height as Alejandro.

We go to get more snacks and I see Alejandro standing alone, I kind of look for a longer time then I thought because he gives me a look. He looked dejected or something, did Vic leave?

"Monae we need to talk, lets go outside so we don't have to yell or have people in our business." Mattia says dragging me outside to talk.

"What's up?" I question sitting down at one of the outside tables even though it was super cold.

"I know you like Alejandro, go tell him how you feel. I'll be okay over here." 

SAHAR'S NOTES
my Wattpad is tripping and the original ending of the chap was so much better but it's okay. I didn't originally want to leave a cliffhanger or whatever but I thought it be smarter to add it into two chapters.