Blush is all about luxury settings and the illusion of complete privacy. Each room holds either a single seat or a circular booth that can hold up to four at a time. The clients wait their turn in a plush waiting area in the centre, where waitresses keep them plied with drinks so they're more likely to empty their wallets into our waiting hands. The private areas are watched over by security at all times, and there are cameras in each room with a feed back to security and Nick's office.

Again, it's all about the illusion of privacy.

A group of men-well, almost men-are waiting in the lounge, their eyes wide as the girls walk by.

"David?" I ask sweetly, fluttering my false lashes beneath my blonde bangs.

A timid-looking guy in the centre raises his hand. "Th-that's me."

I saunter over, letting him and his friends get a good look, and take a seat on the sofa beside the groom.

"Someone told me you're getting married next week."

He nods, swallowing hard enough that I see his Adam's apple bob up and down.

"Congratulations," I say with a coy smile and a hand on his knee. "Are you excited?"

His mouth makes a perfect little 'o', and his eyes pop open. "Like, am I turned on?"

His friends erupt into a fit of laughter, and I giggle. "No, silly. About the wedding!"

The guy lets out a breath and nods. "Yeah, I guess," he says with a blush. I laugh. The shy ones are always fun.

"Well, how about we have a little fun before you're officially off the market?" He nods. "Your friends were nice enough to pay for a private dance for you. Let me find somewhere so we can get started, okay, sweetheart?"

I pass a waitress on the way down the hall, and she promises to keep the stag party well liquored. Something about their designer shirts and expensive jeans tells me the boys aren't quite self-sufficient yet. There's always money to be spent when it's not yours, and to be honest, I don't really care where the money comes from, as long as they spend it.

Most of the curtains are drawn, the rooms behind occupied. It's a busy Saturday night, and private dances, especially with a group, can be good money. Not even bothering to check first, I draw the curtain back on room three, expecting it to be empty. A yelp escapes my lips before I have a chance to catch it, and my hand flies to my mouth.

Tania is on her knees in front of some guy who just looks up and grins at me as I stand there in shock.

"You wanna taste, baby girl?" he says.

With a wet pop, Tania lifts her head from his lap and turns to me.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper. "I didn't..."

With a look of contempt, she reaches back and yanks the curtain closed again, leaving me standing in the hallway.

I'm speechless.

There's always the possibility that Tania knows the guy, that they're friendly. But it's common knowledge that she's been screwing Nick, so I have to think that there's also the distinct possibility that he's just some random guy. My head swims with questions like, is he paying her? Is he clean? How long has she been doing this? And worst of all, does Nick know?

I force the thoughts to the back of my mind, trying my best to snap back to reality. I've seen some eye-opening things since I started working for Nick, and the fact that this is what really shocks me really says something.

Thankfully, the groom ends up being an absolute doll. By the time I'm finished with him, his blush reaches from the tips of his ears all the way down his neck, disappearing into his shirt.