When You First Met Him

happy reading! :>

~•~•~
(F/N)'s POV

I'm (F/N) and it is the start of my first year in Kamomedai Highschool and I plan to continue being the manager of the Boy's Volleyball.

I was currently walking from corner to corner, a form in hand to join the volleyball club, trying to get accustomed by the numbers of hallways in this school. I was actually trying to find the gym, where the boy's volleyball practice. When I found it, I got intimidated by the players inside as I only get to managed boys that are not over 175cm and it made me take a step back.

By taking that step, a white haired boy bumped into me. He's the guy I found interesting since the start of my year. I heard he plays volleyball despite his short stature. But I don't fail to notice his brown eyes that were also big yet mesmerizing.

I admit that he was taller than me so I don't really get the reason why he would get teased by his height if he plays amazingly in volleyball. (Oh, right. I also heard it from the 2nd years I passed by while walking in the hallways.)

I plan not to underestimate the players or opponents I encountered just by their height. I actually admired those people that does not have the thinking that their height was a hindrance for them not to play the sport they like.

"Who are you? and Why are you blocking the way?"

The boy I bumped into, grunted and looked down on me. A tall guy lectured him and apologized.

"Sorry for his attitude, first year-chan~" He gave a smile while dodging a kick from the shorter male. I moved to the side so the other players in their practice clothes could get in.

"I-I'm sorry too! I'm not looking at where I was going!" I bowed and apologized. I felt his hand pat my head with a laugh.

"It's fine, first year-chan~ May I ask why are you here?"

I looked up and presented him the form. He read it with the male beside him and stared at me after. His brown eyes were kind of glowing in excitement.

"Manager, huh?"

"The name is Hoshiumi Kourai! Have you seen me from my matches? Do you play volleyball? Do you think I couldn't play volleyball because of my height? Which class are you fro- Hey!" The male ranted but got pulled by the other guy.

"Don't ask to much questions! You're scaring her! I'm Hirugami by the way."

I shooked my head and smiled. "Ah, no, no. It's fine. I'm (L/N) (Y/N) from class 1-A. I-I could do a bit of receiving..and..." I trailed directing my eyes to Hoshiumi.

"I don't base on a person's height if they could or couldn't play volleyball. Getting to play in a real match means you're an amazing player, right?" I grinned.

Hoshiumi twitched and tried to hide his smug smirk though I could see it completely. He likes getting called amazing, huh? I heard he gets riled up when someone compliments him. The 'You're amazing despite your height.' quote I think? Mental note, he likes to be praised without mentioning his height.

"Y-You think I'm already amazing without seeing me play?" He asked which I nodded 'yes' in response.

"I admire people like you."

I saw him blush and tried covering his face while Hirugami laughs and kept on pointing our at his expression.

"T-Then save your compliments after you see me play!" He points at me, his blush still evident.

'C-cute..' <-- was in my mind at the moment. I flushed pink and stuttered. "M-mhm.."

'This year might get really interesting..'

~•~•~

Hoshiumi's POV

I cocked my head to the side as Hirugami pointed out a girl in front of the gym. She seems to be looking for something.

We walked right behind her to ask what's her business here but she took a step back on me, making me groan.

"Who are you? and Why are you blocking the way?" I looked down at her. Hirugami blocked me from her and lectured me for being rude.

"Sorry for his attitude, first year-chan~" He gave her a smile as he dodged my kick. She stepped to the side and let others in.

"I-I'm sorry too! I'm not looking at where I was going!" She bowed and apologized.

"It's fine, first year-chan~ May I ask why are you here?" Hirugami pats her head to reassure her.

She looked up and presented him a form. It seems she's gonna be our team's manager? Manager..I turned my head to her in excitement.

"Manager, huh?"

"The name is Hoshiumi Kourai! Have you seen me from my matches? Do you play volleyball? Do you think I couldn't play volleyball because of my height? Which class are you fro- Hey!" I ranted but Hirugami held me back.

"Don't ask to much questions! You're scaring her! I'm Hirugami by the way."

She shooked her head and smiled. "Ah, no, no. It's fine. I'm (L/N) (Y/N) from class 1-A. I-I could do a bit of receiving..and..." She trailed directing her eyes to me.

I blinked.

"I don't base on a person's height if they could or couldn't play volleyball. Getting to play in a real match means you're an amazing player, right?" She grinned making me twitch and tried to hide a smirk.

'She thinks I'm amazing..'

"Y-You think I'm already amazing without seeing me play?" I asked which She nodded 'yes' in response.

"I admire people like you."

I can't help but blush. I admit that she looked cute but damn getting to be admired by someone this cute...I tried covering my face while Hirugami makes fun of my red face.

"T-Then save your compliments after you see me play!" I point at her still blushing.

"M-mhm.." She flushed pink and stuttered.

'C-cute..' <-- was the only thing I could think of.

~•~•~

published: 02/08/20
edited: no