And her second job is working beside Gally as a designer. She is the person Gally and the other builders come to when they are going to build something new, so that she can design how it will look and occassionally partake in building it.

Besides her jobs, Dani likes to spend her time either in the kitchen helping FryPan cook or floundering around in the fields as she annoys her best friend, Newt. In all honesty, she wished that Newt wasn't just her best friend, and that they could possibly have something more than that. But she knew that out of everybody in that god forsaken place, Newt was one of the biggest gentlemen and always treated her gender with respect. So the likeliness that he liked her back was slim.

Or so she thought...

~~~~~

Danielle's P.O.V

I sit bolt upright once again, my breaths coming out shallow and frantic. Newt stands above me like usual, his hands gripping my shoulders tightly. I peer up at him and start to cry, making his face soften.

He jumps onto the bed beside me and pulls my body to his, cradling me as my nightmare replayed over and over in my head. "Shhh... It was just a dream... You're safe..." Newt hums into my hair, not giving any signs of letting me go. I clutch onto his shirt as I sob, and rest my head against his chest, hyperventilating a little before I could calm myself down.

As Newt's hand brushes through my hair comfortingly, I find my breaths evening out once more and that my head is clearing away the bad dreams, finding a feeling of reassurance in Newt's embrace.

I've been having nightmares for the past few weeks now, after the keeper of the med-jacks (and a close friend of mine) tripped and fell from the top of the look-out tower, being left to die while I tried to take care of his injuries. It was scarring, realising that I couldn't do anything to save him as I didn't have the right equipment with me to do so. All I could do was hold onto his hand and keep talking to him, until his final breath was released and the light left his eyes.

That's the only thing that has been circling through my mind while I sleep recently, and every night without fail I will wake up mid panic attack. And every night without fail, Newt has rushed into the room to calm me down. Like now.

"You ok now?" He asks softly as I sit up in his lap. I nod my head tiredly and let out a yawn, climbing off of Newt's lap to crawl into the bed again. It was already quite light outside, signalling that some of the other Gladers would already be awake, and that FryPan was probably ready to dish up breakfast.

Newt lays down beside me, so that the two of us are facing eachother. He always stays with me after a nightmare, meaning sometimes he has to sleep beside me again, which I don't oppose one bit.

"Greenie day. You excited?" He asks me, also noticing the sun that was rising at a steady pace. "Yeah, I wonder what they'll be like." I reply, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Newt chuckles, "Knowing our luck they'll be another Gally." I smile and shake my head, "He's not that bad."

"Oh yes he is. You just don't see it because he is always the golden boy when you're around." Newt replies, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I snigger, "And that's the way it should be." Newt smiles at my tease. "Either way, you and I both know he isn't that bad once you break the shuckface, tough exterior. And even if you don't see it, you have got to admit that he always has the right intentions. It's just the way he goes about things that is wrong." I continue, defending our friend a little.

"Ok, maybe he does. But even you say he goes about things the wrong way at times." Newt counters. "At times. No. Nearly all the time more like." I laugh, Newt joining me too.