Prologue

He stood up slouching, leaning against the moist walls of the poorly maintained alley. Rain fell all around him, pounding hard against the surface of the Earth. Graffiti was the only source of colour in the alley, their faded colours marking the walls all around him. Rubbish was strewn all around the floor. Old, empty cans of spray paint littered the floor. His hands tightened around his combat knife, pulling it out of sheath. Flipping it around in his hand as if he were fidgeting, he snuck a peak towards his left, hoping to see his master before him. But his master was yet to arrive.

He dropped his knife and knelt down on the wet floor, resting his hands on its wet surface. Taking off his school blazer, he used it to wipe his forehead then stuffed it into his schoolbag. Water seeped through his pants, wetting the skin underneath the green fabric. Hs sighed, a puff of white smoke emerging from the depths of his mouth. Taking three deep shaky breaths, he stood up, put on a dirty, transparent, plastic poncho and emerged from the shadows of the dark alley. He slipped the hood on over his face, pulling it down over his eyes. His footsteps left ripples rippling across the surface of the deep puddles that lay on the pavement. Cars zoomed past him, their drivers not finding his prescence peculiar at all. Not his unique bodily appearance, not the terrified yet determined look on his face, nor his slouching posture. They all thought everything was normal.

He did, after all, have some peculiar distinct features that made people differentiate him from others. He had spiky yellow hair with a black ligtning bolt marking one long lock of his spiky hair which covered a portion of his face. His hairstyle was usually inconsistent- he never really spent much time making sure it looked exactly as it did the previous day. In fact, he didn't care too much about his looks. He wasn't into fashion or clothing and didn't really care about the latest trends. He just tried to fit in, because fitting in was all he had to do. He pretended to be into things he was never really into, and he knew he wasn't being true to himself. But he had no room for being truthful to himself, because all he cared about now was the success of the League of Villains.

A hand pressed down on his shoulder, and he flinched. Turning his head as if in slow motion, he saw himself face-to-face with none other then Tomura Shigaraki, the leader of the League. His master. The only person he had ever loved and admired. It was only him who respected his ideals, and he saw himself inside the eyes of Shigaraki. He knew that someday, that position would be his, and he was sure he would be a better leader then he was.

"Kaminari." Shigaraki muttered, staring deeply into Kaminari's eyes, sensing all the wisdom beneath them. Kaminari looked up at his master, a look of determination painted on his face.

"Master." Kaminari finally replied, his neutral, ordinary expression fading into a malicious smile. "It is finished. I havs accomplished the task."

Shigaraki smiled, his dry, cracked lips changing from a cold, scornful gesture into an evil grin. "As expected. There's nothing bad to expect from a man as gifted as you are. Our future is a bright one. We will fulfill our dreams, and we will change society."

Kaminari looked down at his feet, absorbing the compliment. "Thank you, sir."

Shigaraki turned to face the campus of U.A. High. He raised his arm high, pointing at the campus. "That is where your journey begins, and I will guide you down the path to supremacy. We will be unstoppable." He put his arm down, and turned back to face Kaminari. "And now... it's your turn."

And he smiled. He slipped on his backpack. He gave Shigaraki a reassuring nod and a bright, convincing grin. "That's right. It's my turn."

And he turned around and ran off.