[채령 빼고 : 13]

Start from the beginning

I stopped for a while, looking worried about him since tiredness is really visible through his face. "Stop driving, then. Let's just order—"

"No." He immediately answered. "Let's buy something to eat since you're hungry."

I can't help, but to smile at him. "Thank you so much, Kang Taehyun." I sighed as I looked out of the window. "Thank you for taking care of me even if it's just for today."

He didn't say anything, so I glanced at him as I saw him smiling while driving. I found another version of Taehyun and I'm really glad to have seen this version of him with my own eyes. It's rare and I want to treasure it.

"Here." He said, removing his seatbelt.

"Should I go with you?"

"Of course." He said in a bossy tone. He stepped out of the car and opened the door for me. I was confused, but he just stared at me, signaling me to come out. "Let's go. It's not like I know what you want to eat."

"Why?" I asked, still confused by his sudden move. I pointed at him. "Why are you doing t-this? That? I mean, why?"

He quickly removed his hands and put them in his pockets. "I w-was just trying to open it. It's just a habit. Don't misunderstand it."

I secretly smiled when I saw him walking away and entering the mall first. What was that? I think I saw him blushing.

That Kang Taehyun.

"Faster!"

"Wait for me!" I shouted back as I ran towards him, smiling.

"Where do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Anywhere."

"Where?"

"Anywhere will do."

"Stop saying 'anywhere' because there's no such place as 'anywhere.' Tell me a specific place so we can order right away. Aish! I'm hungry." He said, sounding irritated because of me.

I pouted my lips. "I don't know what to choose because there are a lot of choices here."

He sighed and said, "Tell me what you want to eat right now."

I was looking around for a good place to eat when I saw a Korean BBQ restaurant. I was so excited that I started running towards it, but then I bumped into someone and fell hard on the ground.

"This fucking clumsy girl." I heard the boy murmured.

I almost cried because of the pain. I hit my knees and shoulders, especially my sprained leg, which is why it hurt me a lot. I don't think I will be able to walk today because of this. I looked at my leg as I tried to massage it.

"Oh, gosh! Look what you did to my dress! You messed it up! Do you know how much this cost? Shit!" The girl shouted as she was about to come towards me.

I quickly covered my face with my hand as soon as I saw her hand ready to slap me. I waited for a couple of seconds, expecting to be hurt by her slap, but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Taehyun holding the girl's wrist while glaring at her.

I widened my eyes. "T-taehyun! Let go!"

I saw him tightening his grip to that girl while that girl was now wincing in pain. "Babe! Help me!" She yelled. "Hey! Don't touch me, you son of—"

I was shocked when he pushed her back to the guy, her boyfriend. Everyone was shocked by it, especially the boyfriend of that girl. So the guy suddenly punched Taehyun, making him fall to the ground as well. I tried to reach him, but he suddenly stood up and punched the other guy back.

"Taehyun, just stop!" I shouted.

The girl suddenly pushed Taehyun and said, "Are you her boyfriend? Why are you being like this to us?! That girl bumped into me first and messed with my dress!"

"Why did I stop you from slapping her face earlier?" Taehyun smirked at her. "I even punched this guy's face for cursing her. What do you think is the reason?"

"I didn't slap her!"

"Of course." Taehyun said while holding his face and clenching his jaw. He turned his back as he looked at me with his serious face. He carried me like a bride as he started walking away from them.

Until we got in his car, no one tried to break the silence between us. Although I wanted to break it, I just couldn't. I think he's still mad right now so I'll just thank him later. He started the engine and I just looked away, still massaging my sprained leg.

"Are you okay?" He asked so I quickly shook my head, but when I turned my face towards him, I quickly changed it into nod.

He chuckled. "Didn't I told you that I hate you for acting like that? You're confusing me."

"Eh?" I asked innocently.

He looked at me, eye to eye. "Still don't have any idea? I want a specific answer and yet you're answering me with just anything."

"I'm sorry," I whispered, looking down while playing with my fingers. "But also thank you for what you did earlier."

"Don't mind it," he said.

"I'm sorry for making trouble."

"Lee Charyeong, I told you already. Don't mind it, as long as you're safe then I'm good. I just don't want you to get in trouble." He said without even looking at me because he's too busy with driving.

I just stared at him, still shocked by his behavior. He's really full of surprises. I smiled, thinking that I am too lucky to see the progress between us. I widened my eyes when I saw him glancing at me, so I immediately looked away.

"Wait." He stopped the car. "Don't give any meaning to that, okay? I just don't like when someone else tries to hit someone they don't know. That's it!"

I laughed a bit, still looking at the window. It's funny how Kang Taehyun is trying so hard to explain everything to me.

------

➠ (Note: For my errors, typos, etc. I sincerely apologize for that. I was trying my best to write this story, so please. Appreciate me, hehe. Thank you! Keep reading and don't forget to vote, comment, and share this to your friends!)