5. KIᔕᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᖇᑌᑎ

5.

KISS AND RUN

➰➰

Livia Harper had a boyfriend. The news travelled around like wildfire, and while she got the luxury of that particular rumour being true, Matilda was still stuck with the one her now apparently straight ex-girlfriend wrongly spread about her.

Verle Travers was his name and he could only be described as horribly mean and morally bad. Matilda would see them walking down the corridor hand in hand as if they were the king and queen of Hogwarts. She hadn't talked to Livia since Care of Magical Creatures and she was not planning to in the future, but seeing her with someone else was like an arrow through the chest to say the least.

With the rumours about her failing to go away and the fact that she was secretly very angry and perhaps being slightly covetous, meant she had spent the last three days wallowing in her own misery. Her friends had tried to help her, to cheer her up, but it was like trying to kill a mosquito with a cannon - impossible.

"You should make her feel the way you're feeling," Killian said, putting his legs on Raffey's lap as they were sitting on the common room couch one day.

"Just say the word," began Raffey scoffing at Killian's suggestion and pushing his legs back onto the ground. "And I'll borrow one of the swords from a Suit of Armour and drive it through her cold, dead, lying heart."

"Raphaela, honestly just cool it with the bad ideas okay," said Killian causing Raffey to redirect her murderous eyes towards him.

"I'm the one with bad ideas huh? How about you you moronic fuckwit...I mean make her feel the way you're feeling, what type of advice is that?"

"Better than what you have to offer, at least no one will end up in Azkaban."

"I'm with Killick!" Yelled a blue headed girl from across the room. "I mean I have no idea what you're talking about, but I still side with him."

"Shut up Fenwick," Screamed Raffey before going back to calling Killian names that would make her mother faint. Two minutes later Matilda had gotten sick of it and while they were caught up in their little argument she slipped out the door.

She walked down the corridors absentmindedly, not even bothering to acknowledge the few people who walked passed. She used to walk around the castle with Livia all of the time, that's how they would be together without people knowing they were together. They would slip behind Suits of Armour and hide in crevasses whenever someone would walk by, especially when it was one of Livia's so called friends.