Chapter 7: A Knight's Duty (4/4)

"What is a Knight's true duty? Saving the weak, or protecting his master? When the choice appears, he will show what he actually thinks."

Ash Jiori, sitting in the corner of Matsuya's room. He is reading a quote from Alexander, "The Emperor".

"A Knight's duty, is it? The question you provided is simply too easy, all the knight needs to do is to be strong enough to do both."

This other quote is from Iod, "The World". This quote simply answered Alexander's question.

It's true, Iod has the ability to bend time, space and reality. He can save, kill and destroy anything by simply lifting a finger.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Friday

"Damn, today is gonna be a fun day."

It's school day, and the last day of school in the week.

The new teacher, Suzuki Sora, has been teaching for one whole month. And nothing major happened.

Kurumi cannot use her powers now, as it would only be automatically turned on if any AST is about to kill her or manually turned on by Matsuya.

Shido, as usual, is stuck between the struggle of two girls trying to win him over.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Today is...a bit unusual.

School's ended. And Matsuya, Shido and Touka didn't return home. They stayed on the school roof instead.

"Anno... Matsuya-kun, why do you want us up here? I mean, there's no one coming to this place any sooner."

"Have some patience, that's the reason you are so into killing yourself. You're just too rushy."

"Ehh!?"

That was spot on. Shido nearly killed himself a few times while trying to kiss a girl.

As said --

"Oh yeah...I've almost forgot. Shido, I need you to do one thing for me."

"What is it?"

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"Tch. Why am I coming here?"

The middle aged man walked with anger and annoy. While his build is quite big, walking up stairs is still a pain in the ass.

"Finally. The roof."

The man pushes the door with his brute force.

Revealing the setting sun towards his eyes. The empty roof started to seem beautiful, warm and sad.

Being able to witness the beauty of nature everyday but not being able to share it with someone else.

Empty roof. Empty. That doesn't sound right at all. Does it?

"Sora Sensei. No, Colonel Sora, "The Grand Knight" or whatever people call you. Welcome to the roof for the first time."

A boy, out of nowhere, appeared. He's not wearing a mask, but Suzuki Sora can't seem to grasp what he looks like.

But eventually, he figured it out.

Matsuya Fudan.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||