⇝ 𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬 .

Start from the beginning

—  lorraine was a childhood friend of fury's and followed him throughout the years as they both had interests in pursuing military careers

—  lorraine was a childhood friend of fury's and followed him throughout the years as they both had interests in pursuing military careers . lorraine was caught up in the game of espionage rather quickly , highly skilled in that area of expertise , and was later reunited with fury as he joined lorraine on her operations during the cold war .

—  during the time period of 1988 to 1998 , lorraine was pronounced ' mia ' then ' kia ' after a mission had gone sideways . she was captured by an operative of hydra and held hostage for ten years , where she was put into the ' winter soldier program ' , bestowed abilities greater than barnes' . whilst the other soldiers became erratic and uncontrollable after overcoming their brainwashing , lorraine was able to use the strict military training she'd been subject to over the years within hydra and other areas to keep herself in check , long enough to try and hatch an escape plan . this , however , was unnecessary as fury had heard news of this through unknown means and managed to retrieve lorraine from hydra's siberian facility after she'd been put into cryostasis .

—  it took lorraine a number of years to get over her brainwashing and regain full control over herself . during this time , she would often lash out at people and request after to be locked away , hoping that the solitary punishment would aid her in overcoming the grip hydra had on her still . eventually , it did begin to work , though lorraine still sleeps handcuffed to her bed out of force of habit and will fall into certain ' moods ' , as she calls them .

—  though mostly a freelancer , she is a valuable and loyal contact to s.h.i.e.l.d and will cover for fury at times when he is off the grid or out of action . during these times , she will work solely alongside s.h.i.e.l.d and eventually over time will grow to have close connections with the avengers because of this .

—  lorraine is the kind of person who knows almost every detail on record about a person thanks to a rather impressive photographic memory and good retention span . she'll often study people during encounters to pick up any details not on paper , such as habits , nervous ticks , movements and sometimes accent or their way of speaking . her memory combined with her good observational skills are what make her good at her job , though she is not perfect . not only can she make slip ups when burnt out or exhausted , she also hasn't read up on every person ( if their meeting is a surprise to her ) and this will spin her out . she can't know everything about everybody and at the best of times , this is enough to worry her ; she hates being in the dark .

—  did you know that in some instances ( or in some timelines ) lorraine and fury were engaged a year before hydra took her ? this isn't exactly pivotal to a number of plots and can be missed out but what should be known across any time line is that fury was her first love , though that is all ancient history during most of the mcu timeline lorraine is involved in .

—  lorraine is an insomniac . it all began with her training following her enlistment to the army and got worse when she was out on the field , finding that her paranoia spiralled too much to allow her to settle her mind . as time progressed , she began to find it harder to sleep at night ( and during the day dependent on what she was working ) , even when the people around her insisted that she get some rest , despite feeling tired . often , if she managed to catch a moment of peace and drift off , it wouldn't last long as she'd wake up several times during the course of her brief sleep and never feel refreshed afterwards . when her insomnia worsened , she was prescribed a dosage of sleeping drugs strong enough to work on her and takes them often to help her . lorraine's insomnia is both physically draining and mentally , taking a toll on her mental health at times . with little sleep , her paranoia seems to worsen and she lacks concentration , thus her reaction time increases quite a bit .