"Well... that's what happens in the Royal family, T. Even in some rich families. They get their daughters or sons to marry each other to gain more income or trust."

"Damn." I sigh. "Well, who will they choose on such short notice?"

"They've already chosen someone. They'll be announcing it later on today." Veronica said. I raise my eyebrow. "And how do you two know all of this?"

"T, we're in the line of the law. We get to know everything before the public does." Betty smirked.

"Hmm." I pull a face before looking at the time. Fuck, I'm late. "Sorry guys. I have to go back to work. I'll see you guys later?" I asked, grabbing my coat.

"Yeah. I'll be able to come down for dinner." Betty smiled.

"Yeah me too." Veronica smiled. I nodded, waving as I walked out of the cafe.

Cheryl's POV

I hate this. I hate my life. I hate being a princess.

I just last my brother almost a week ago and they want me to marry some stranger!? And get this, I didn't even get to choose this stranger! My mother and father did because they were in control. I love them to death, I do, but sometimes it makes me question if they ever loved me the same.

I sighed as I pulled my hair into a side ponytail, letting it rest on my shoulder. I look myself over in the mirror and nod. "This is for you, Jason." I smile sadly at the picture that I am stuck in my mirror. Pressing my fingers to my lips, I touch the picture before opening my bedroom door and existing it.

I put on my resting bitch face as I descend the long stairs of this huge castle. It's better that I don't show any emotion. I don't mean to snap at everyone who says any words to me, but I hate having to hold my anger in. I'm angry because I no longer have my brother. I'm angry because now instead of having time to grieve, I have to plan a wedding I want no part of.

"Good morning, dear." my mom greets me. She was talking to the cameraman. Oh yeah? Did I mention that this'll be a live broadcast for the whole town to see? Don't you just love that for me?

"Morning." I deadpan and walk off to the side with my father. The man meets my eyes and frowns, opening one arm for me. I wrap my arms around his muscular torso as he rubs my back. "I know this is hard for you, Cher. But this is what we have to do. You understand that your mother and I have to keep this legacy going, right?"

"Mmm." I hummed.

"And maybe when you have kids of your own, this whole bullshit will be denounced and you won't have to stress about giving your kids away to strangers, yeah?"

"Yeah," I mumbled. I understood him, of course. His son died too. And he only has me left and now he has marry me off.

I wish I met someone before this. Like Jason had. He and Sophia were very young when they met and he got to marry the love of his life.

Whereas, here I am with no love but getting married.

Toni's POV

I finally get home from work. Taking care of dozens of Animals gives me strong back pain. Sighing, I rub my arm as I walked into the house, my mother jumped up and pulled me into the living room.

"Mom? Are you ok-" I asked in panic. she hushed me. "Look." She said. I turned my head to the TV.

The Royal family stood behind a podium in what looked like their castle. Princess Cheryl stood beside her parents and I frown upon the sight of her. She looked so exhausted. To others, they wouldn't see it. But I know the look of a grieving person when I see one.

"And we are off. In a few seconds, we will find out who will marry our soon to he queen..." I turned my attention to the Tv. "Good evening everyone. As you all know, our beloved Jason and his wife, Sophia, has sadly passed away a few days ago. My baby boy was next in line to be throned as King, and his wife, Queen. But do to the circumstances of their fates, that won't be happening."

"It just sounds to me that they don't care." I chuckle bitterly.

"Shh, baby, I'm trying to listen." my mom holds her finger up in my direction, not even looking my way. I roll my eyes and tune back into the Tv.

"Our daughter, Cheryl, his twin sister, will step up to take his place. But to do so, she must be married. So I had to do a lot of searching and background checks of the people in this town. And I found someone very suitable for my dear Cheryl." the Queen looks absolutely exhausted. I wonder if she's getting any good sleep.

"This is so intense." my mother looked over at me briefly. "I can see. you're sitting like you're about to be chosen to marry her." I joked. She sent me a glare and I put my hands up to mock surrender. King Clifford was now speaking into the mic.

"After a few days of taking in the loss of our boy, my wife and I have chosen this person to marry into the royal family..." my mom and I watched as the man held up a paper. I hum, checking my nails. I'm very disinterested.

"On behalf of Queen Penelope Blossom, and I, King Clifford Blossom, we have chosen Antoinette Topaz, of Riverdale village, to marry our daughter, princess Cheryl Marjorie Blossom. We have thought long and hard about this decision and after looking into her background, we have agreed that she is the right candidate for this arrangement. Thank you." Cameras and microphones we being shoved in their facings a they turn to step down from the podium.

My eyes shot to the screen upon hearing my name and I turned to my mother with wide eyes. "WHAT?!" I yelled.

"TONI! WHAT?!" My mom asked shocked.

"Mom! I have to marry the princess of Riverdale!" I yelled. "I don't even know her like that! I-I what if- I can't get married now! I'm like freshly 20!"

"Sweetie calm down please!" She said. I pace the room anxiously as I tried to calm my racing heart. Fuck. I can't get married. I barely know those people. Fuck.

There was a knock on the door. My eyes shoot my mother and she gets up to go get it.

Standing there was the Royal services. Shit.

"Toni Topaz, You have been chosen to marry our soon to be queen, Cheryl Blossom." The guy walked up to me. He hands me a paper and my name is printed on it in fine print, right beside Cheryl's name. It's a fucking marriage license.

"They would like to see you and your mother." He added.

I gulped. "I'm so-sorry. There has to be some mistake here. I'm a nobody. I literally work at an animal shelter. How...how is this possible. I'm sorry...I can't accept this."

"If you choose not to you will be arrested." He said. What the fuck is happening?!

I'm dreaming this is all a dream! It has to be a dream.

"I'll go," I said. "But only because I want to. Not because toy made me!" I add before grabbing my jacket.

I got myself together, then I and my mom went to the castle.

God help me.

Phew...