Part 8

((Ravens POV))

When I got to my room I changed out of my party dress and into the one I wear when I work. ((Dress is on the side)) I brushed my hair one more time before looking around my room. My room as rather small. I liked it that way. There was just enough room for a bed, dresser, mirror and a small wash room. The thing I loved most about my room was that I had a small window with roses growing up the side. Deciding to unpack the rest of my things later, I hurried back to the throne room. When I entered I bowed to King Thror. 

"Raven," he said, " I am afraid my grandson's serving boy is tending to a family emergency in the Blue Mountains and cannot be reached in time. Would you mind filling his place for the time necissary?"

"Yes, my lord," I said, "It would be an honor." The king nodded,

"He is in his room. Please go see if he needs anything and tell him that I will be expecting him to be present at dinner," said the king. 

"Yes, my lord, I will pass on your message," I said. King Thror smiled.

"You are dismissed," he said. I bowed and left. I made my way down the stone halls to Prince Thorin's room.  I hesitated before knocking. My heat was racing and my stomach turned itself into knots. What was wrong me? I took a deep breath and knocked softly.

"Door is unlocked," said muffled voice and I stepped in. Prince Thorin was sitting behind a large wooden desk reading a book. He looked up when I entered. 

"Raven," he said. I bowed. I felt a blush creep up the back of my neck. Was I bushing? What was going on?

"King Thror told be to fill in for your serving boy who is in the Blue Mountains," I said. Prince Thorin nodded.

"And King Thror said that he expects you to be present at dinner," I finished. 

"Thank you," said Prince Thorin. I looked around and spotted a laundry basket. I picked up a basket of laundry, bowed and left the room. I shifted a basket on my hip and walked down to the washing room. There were two other servants in the room. I walked over to an empty wash station. I was about to put all the shirts in a tub of warm water when I noticed one had a tear in the side. 

"Do you know where I can find a sewing kit?" I asked one of the washers. She pointed to a cabinet across the room.

"Thanks," I said and grabbed a kit. Walking back to my area I began to sew up all the rips and tears in the shirts. A couple hours later all the shirts were fixed and clean. I folded them and took them back to Prince Thorin's room. I knocked softly before stepping in. The prince was looking at some letters and documents. The book he was reading was sitting on the desk with a book mark tucked carefully between the pages. 

"I fixed your shirts, my lord," I said as I set them down. Thorin stood up. I help my breath. 

------------- 

Hi guys!! Sorry for making ya'll wait so long for the update. I hope you are still liking it!!