Sangwoo x Yoon Bum x Yandere! Reader (I)

Lately, Yoon Bum has been acting strange and you can't help but worry about it. You know too well how easily he can get into trouble. Today, you made up your mind to pressure him into confessing the possible reasons.

After all, it's your duty to look after him, to protect him. You've known Yoon Bum from high school and you've been madly in love with him ever since. You are convinced he understands you better than anyone and can only hope it goes the same way for him.
You never actually confessed, though. There's no need to hurry. For now, you're pleased to watch over him. Sometimes, it just feels like he's utterly helpless. He's had his obsessions with other girls every now and then, but it doesn't bother you. Not at all. Every time it's the same story. They're disgusted, they push him away. He's hurt, naturally. That's where you come into the equation. You help him back on his feet, stroke his hair while whispering encouraging words. Then, you go clean up the mess. Depending on how badly they treated your precious boy, they might end up on the police list of missing people or simply spend a few days in the hospital for mysterious poisoning.

Yoon Bum is fidgeting, awkwardly avoiding your gaze. He hesitates for a moment before finding the courage.

"Actually, (Y/N)... T-There's someone I like..." he manages to blurt out. 

Aha, so that's what it was about. Your eyes narrow in a smile. Who could it be this time? Another girl with a pitiful background? You're running low on your usual powder, perhaps it's now time to restock.

"Well, that's nothing to be embarrassed about, is it? Why were you so nervous to tell me? Is it a girl I know?"

He twitches slightly upon hearing your last words. Overwhelmed by a blush, he lowers his head and lets out a barely audible murmur.

"It's- ...It's not really a girl, you see. You know him."

You can feel the blood draining from your face. It's not unusual for Bum to find love interests, but this time it's not the way it always is. Of course, the most probable outcome still is the usual rejection, but this game started with a different layout. Its predictability is out of your grasp, and it bothers you. 

***

A few days later, you hurriedly find a table in the university cafeteria. You sit down, take your laptop out and choose a random long article to occupy the screen and give you an excuse as you scan the room. Did he not come here today? Impossible. You scratch the surface of the mouse, feeling your anger build up. 

There he is, you think to yourself, clicking your tongue in disgust. Oh Sangwoo. Not a far fetch from the usual, in all honesty. Popular guy, good looks, but most importantly kind personality. That's what probably sparked Bum's interest. Now that you think about it, Bum didn't show up today. He told you he needs to visit a relative. Normally you'd verify it yourself, but you took the chance to be alone and investigate your new rival, so to say. You chuckle. 

Sangwoo is sitting at an opposing table with a few friends, laughing heartily, arm resting behind a female classmate. As he's listening to someone's story, his eyes wander around the place, finally locking with yours. For a second, he's startled. Quite the intense stare he's receiving. And you look somewhat familiar, too. Probably some common lectures or classes. He smiles politely, waiting for a reaction. You smile back and lift your hand in a friendly wave.