"Allison, hey, how you doing," A voice I know all too well and hate more than anything in the world, more that Christine Everhart, said to me as they walked up.

"Oh, yay, Mr. Hammer. How are you tonight," I said with a tight smile. What I would really give to have Alex here right at this very exact moment.

"Please, call me Justin," He said as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'd rather not," I said while looking down at the floor.

"It's good to see you," He said as he looked me up and down like I was a piece of meat.

"I wish I could say the same," I said brightly before itching behind my ear and looking back at Pepper to whisper to her. "Where's Happy?"

"At the car," She whispered back to me.

"Get him," I whispered back before looking at the man in front of me with a fake smile.

Pepper walked away to text or call Happy really quick while I awkwardly stood and talked to the man.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight," He told me.

"Thank you," I said awkwardly with a nod.

"Can I get you a drink," He asked me, leading me over to the bar.

"Uh, I really shouldn't, Pepper would be very upset if I did," I denied kindly.

"Oh, please, it's on me. Your 21 now, right," He questioned me.

"Yep, that I am," I nodded at him.

"Well, your legal then. Come on, please," He tried again.

I sat with him for a few moments before I sighed and nodded. "Okay, why not?"

Justin Hammer got the bartenders attention and gave him our order. "I'll have another whiskey and she'll have uh..."

I realized he was trailing off for me to tell him and I gave the bartender a smile. "Your strongest. Neat."

I took a deep breath and looked around the room in search of Happy coming to my rescue, and only saw Pepper, who mouthed to me that he's coming. I nodded at her and smiled at Hammer in thanks when he handed me my drink. I accepted it with a smile and quickly guzzled it down before gesturing to the bartender to refill it.

"So, how's your dad now that he's back," He questioned me curiously.

"Uh, he's good. He's just taking a break and resting," I told him, accepting my drink from the bartender and taking small sips now.

"Good, good. I was worried there for a while when he shut down his weapons division," He told me with a smile.

"Oh, I bet you were. Seeing how we're competitors and all," I nodded at him with a sarcastic smile.

He smiled at me and nodded with a little laugh. "That's right, we are. Hey, so I was wondering if you maybe wanted to-"

He was cut off by a deep, familiar, voice calling my name, causing me to look away from him and over at Alex.

"Alex," I said in shock, not knowing he was here at all.

"Would you care to dance," He questioned me with a smile, holding his hand out to me.

I smiled up at him and let out a breath before looking back at Justin Hammer. "I apologize, Mr. Hammer, but I really should be socializing with other benefactors."

"Other benefactors, but isn't he your security guard," He called after us as Alex led me onto the dance floor.

Alex pulled me close to him and rested his hand on my hip and took my other hand in his own as I rested my hand on his shoulder. I looked up at him in shock as we began swaying back and forth.